Did you know that some studies suggest that short men are healthier, live longer, and likely receive information faster than tall men? Such statistics might seem obscure to many, but the facts are out there. Have you ever thought about nicknames for short people? Something to create a comic effect out of your short friend's name? Of course, it is a tricky ground to tread, as most short guys are touchy about the short aspect. However, if you make the nickname cute and funny, it would be a cool thing to do and likely receive great reception.
Nicknames have diverse origins. It can be a term used instead of someone’s real name that makes it short, a joke, or a depiction of their personality. Instead of using an overused nickname like Shorty, which is often generalized, why not create something unique and perfectly suited for the person in question.
With a collection of funny nicknames for short guys, you can get a good and less-sensitive one for your friend – something that represents their traits, perhaps.
Interesting nicknames for short people
What do you call a short person? Nicknames have a poor reputation of causing harm rather than building and promoting bonds between friends. The names don't have to be defamatory. You can develop something that elevates one's character and personality, boosting their self-esteem whenever you beckon.
- Short steps: A funny nickname for guys or girls.
- High steps: Great and funny name for teasing a short individual.
- Booster: If the short guy always encourages you to move forward.
- Roller coaster: If he or she doesn’t have speed.
- Powerhouse: If he or she is your lifeline.
- Smart Charlie: If he is intelligent and funny.
- Shrimpy: Given to a small and cute person.
- Sky rider: A fun and oriented nickname for a short person.
- Micro-me: Perfect for telling them that you have no issue with their height.
- Barbie: A great way of teasing their short height and overly cute face if they are a girl.
- Tyrion Lannister: Funny nickname for sure adopted from Game of Thrones.
- Little sexy: It makes sense, as a natural opposite of big sexy.
- Danny Devito: He is an iconic short man and a great name to give someone short.
- Sexy dwarf: It does make the term dwarf seem so much hotter.
- Badass Ewok: As long as he's a badass Ewok, it is a great name.
- Stud hobbit: Hobbits are excellent.
- Hot Elf: Funny name with a significant meaning.
- My leprechaun: Great nickname for your little Irish charm.
- Low rider: Great name for a compact short guy.
- Mighty mouse: He’s short but still powerful and heroic!
- Napoleon: The world-famous leader, shorter than average!
- Bobby Hill: Hank Hill’s shorter son!
- My little Oompa loop: A great name for those Willy Wonka / Gene Wilder fans out there.
- Squeak: For your little pipsqueak.
- Ducky: Adorable name for your short friend.
- Bug: For your little love bug.
- Baby: Don't tell him that you chose this name because of his baby-like size!
- Frodo: This is a fun name.
- Itty bitty: This works better for children than for adults.
- Little man: This would be a suitable nickname for a little brother.
- Miniature person: Another great nickname for a baby brother.
Nicknames for short girls
Girls likely have the most extensive collection of cute and adorable nicknames for short people. One can easily play around with girl's names to come up with an excellent nickname, and you will be amazed at how perfect some are. The name. might even convert to someone's real name in the future.
- Munchkin: It is a cute name that refers to someone of short height.
- Shortcake: Creative nickname that refers to the food with the same name.
- Mini-me: Cute name that is perfectly expressive of its meaning.
- Thumbelina: As the name depicts, the nickname is for girls to relate them to the size of the thumb.
- Micro: As the name suggests, the nickname is for sensitive short girls.
- Knee-height: Some girls are so short that they reach the height of the knees of their friends.
- Pez: Pez is to relate the girl with small height to a candy.
- Lil' leprechaun: The name is adorable for beautiful short girls.
- Freezer: Some people have to lean down to reach into the freezer. A short girl never will need to.
- Shirley Temple: Shirley Temple was short as a child, but she grew up.
- Ankle biter: This is one of the popular nicknames for short girls that siblings use for their younger sister or brother.
- Daddy long legs: She isn't tall or a guy, which is why this is an excellent ironic nickname.
- Snuggle butt: This is a famous nickname for short girls.
- Peanut: Peanut is tiny in size, so is the nickname for short girls.
- Hotcakes: The nickname is for angry short girls.
- Oompa Loompa: It might be a bit long, but it wins points for being adorable.
- Little Red Riding Hood: From the famous fairy tale. For a short lady.
Short girl nicknames that sound amazing
Long nicknames hardly stick, and you are likely looking for something unique that will stick as fast as possible. Going for one-word nicknames is the best way to do this, and it is effortless getting one for your short feminine friend.
- Prototype: Prototypes are usually small forms of the original.
- Yoda: A small-sized, wise fictional character in the Star Wars universe.
- Bubbles: This is for her height and her bubbly personality.
- Teeny: For your tiny friend.
- Armrest: Because she is short enough to be your armrest.
- Shawty: A reminder that good things come in small packages.
- Teeny: This is one of the more common nicknames for short girls.
- Goober: A cute name that refers to the small, delicious chocolate-covered roasted peanuts.
- Lil: Add the word Lil before the girl's name to make it a tad more personal, without room for offending.
- Firecracker: A spicier nickname for short, crazy, and talkative women that pack a punch.
- Bunbuns: The nickname is for a short, soft, cuddly, and fluffy girl.
- Moonshine: Because her personality is so intoxicating.
- Copycat: Perfect for a girl who likes to mimic other people.
- Amiga: This is a Mexican name for short girls.
- Champ: The name is the best option for short girls having model-like looks.
- FooFoo: The name is a good option for soft short girls.
- Pickle: Pickle is for the short girls who are having creative and funny nature.
- Foxy: The nickname is best for cunning short girls.
Popular nicknames for small people
Although most people don't like nicknames, some have been accepted by society and stuck around for a long time. These cute names for short people sound amazing, that some have even considered having them as a permanent name.
- Chromie: A Bronze Dragon named Chronormu in disguise (World of Warcraft).
- Don't sweat: From the saying Don't sweat the small stuff.
- El peque: An abbreviation of the word pequeño, which means shorty in Spanish.
- Lady kid: It is an excellent way to tease her because of her short height.
One of the most exciting things about nicknames for short people is that you can customize them any way you desire. Nicknames are tweakable, and it is upon you to come up with one that is perfect for representation of the person's unique personality or a short version of their name. Remember to make it fun and exciting and if they don't like the given nickname, drop it. It is all about making the person feel comfortable.
One of the most interesting things about the names is that they are unique and are easily customizable. The names are a great inspiration for the young.