Knife-Wielding Man Breaks Into Benedict Cumberbatch’s Home, Threatens Actor and Family

Knife-Wielding Man Breaks Into Benedict Cumberbatch’s Home, Threatens Actor and Family

  • A knife-wielding intruder broke into Benedict Cumberbatch's home and threatened the actor and his family
  • Cumberbatch and his wife, Sophie Hunter, along with their three children, were inside the house during the terrifying incident.
  • The intruder, a former chef, was later arrested and slapped with a three-year restraining order from the Cumberbatch family

PAY ATTENTION: Enjoy reading our stories? Join YEN.com.gh's Telegram channel for more!

English actor Benedict Cumberbatch and his family were left fearing for their lives after a knife-wielding chef broke into their home and threatened them.

Knife-wielding chief
Former chef Jack Bisell, 35, allegedly broke into Benedict Cumberbatch's home, threatened his family. Phot: Page Siz.
Source: UGC

According to the Daily Mail, Jack Bissell, who previously worked as a chef at a luxury hotel, kicked his way through the front gate of the actor's multi-million dollar property, allegedly shouting, “I know you’ve moved here, I hope it burns down.”

Horrible experience

Cumberbatch, 46, his wife, Sophie Hunter, 45, and their three children were reportedly in the home at the time of the break-in and could hear the intruder screaming outside.

Read also

Russian gets eaten by shark in Egypt: Tourists witness the attack of the 23-year-old man

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see YEN.com.gh News on your News Feed!

Bissell also reportedly took one of the family’s plants and threw it against the garden wall, and at one point ripped the intercom off the building after spitting on it.

The former chef reportedly fled the scene before police arrived.

However, authorities were able to track him down due to the DNA evidence he left on the intercom.

Bissell was reportedly arrested, fined and hit with a three-year restraining order from the Cumberbatch family.

A source told the outlet:

“Naturally all of the family were absolutely terrified and thought this guy was going to get in and hurt them. Luckily it never went that far. Benedict and Sophie have had many sleepless nights since worrying that they may be targeted again."

Trio Mio robbed at gunpoint

Separately, Kenyan rapper Trio Mio was robbed at gunpoint on the night of Wednesday, April 26.

Read also

Machakos man who built mansion with unique roof attributes success to tithing: "Kuna Mungu"

In an interview with Obidan Dela, the musician said he was going home from the studio past midnight when the thieves approached him.

" I was ready to give them everything, my shoes and clothes as long as they spared my life. They had cocked the gun and placed it on my stomach. They took my two phones and I gave them the car keys," he said.

New feature: Сheck out news that is picked for YOU ➡️ click on “Recommended for you” and enjoy!

Source: TUKO.co.ke

Authors:
Geraldo Amartey avatar

Geraldo Amartey (Entertainment Editor) Geraldo Amartey is an Entertainment Editor at YEN.com.gh. He pursued a degree in linguistics at the University of Ghana and graduated in 2020. He has over three years of experience in journalism. Geraldo's professional career in journalism started at the Ministry Of Information, where he worked as a writer. You can reach out to him at geraldo.amartey@yen.com.gh.

Audrey Gyamfi avatar

Audrey Gyamfi (Copy Editor) Audrey Gyamfi is a copy editor at YEN. She graduated from the University of Ghana in 2014 with a degree in Psychology and English. Audrey previously worked for 7 years as a copy editor for Kwadwoan publishing. She can be reached at audrey.gyamfi@yen.com.gh.