The 37 Military Hospital is among the most significant medical training hospitals in Ghana sponsored by the Military. Its leading numbers: 37 came from the fact that, it was the 37th Military Training Hospital to be established under the British colony of West Africa. Historically, the hospital was built during the Second World War (the year 1941) to offer medical treatments to the injured troops. So far, the medical facility has a capacity of 500 beds. It is however dedicated to providing quality health-care services to the military personnel and their families, ministries of the defense employees and their families, the ex-service personnel and to the general public at large.
37 Military Hospital Nurses Training College
The facility has grown to serve as the national disaster and emergency response health facility, and also a member of the multi-centre, carrying a prostate cancer research in Africa. However, the 37 Military Hospital is also a teaching hospital with the following departments;
- Physiotherapy Department
- Pharmacy Department
- Gynecology Department
- Pediatrics Department
- Dental Department
- Obstetrics Department
- Radiology Department
- Pathology Department
- Medical Department
- Surgical Department
The surgical department has the following sub-departments; plastic surgery, general surgery, urology, orthopedics, neurosurgery, and trauma departments. The surgical department also holds four medical training institutions accredited on 5th September 2010 by the National Accreditation Board of Ghana according to section 2(b) 5(4) (22) and 23(4) of LI 1984(2010).
The medical training institutions include;
- School of Anesthesia
- Postgraduate Medical College
- The Emergency Medical Technician School
- Nursing and Midwifery Training School
37 Military Hospital Nurses Training College fees for the academic year 2018/2019 is scheduled for payment at the beginning of the year. Applicants with the school fee issues are advised to consult the institution for a particular payment plan via the above contacts. However, the first years are asked to rely on the information provided on their application letters. Applicants are also invited to inquire the school fee details since each programme has its specific fee amount.
37 Military nursing training forms
Any qualified applicant, qualified to join the 37 Nursing Training should follow the steps below;
- Purchase an application code from any branch of Ghana commercial Bank or Agricultural development bank at an inclusive cost of a hundred Ghana Cedis.
- All processes are carried via text messages and emails; therefore, an applicant should possess a dedicated phone number and an active email address. On that note, postal envelopes are not accepted.
- After depositing the payment, you will then receive a voucher with a unique pin code and a serial number.
- After that, log in to the health training website using your unique pin code and a serial number you acquired from the bank to access your applications form.
- Carefully, follow instructions and fill all the relevant fields after the application form is opened. Remember to be genuine while filling in the fields since any wrong declaration or forged documents may lead to automatic disqualification or prosecution.
- Save the first page after completion before continuing the next page.
- Your unique pin code which is also your reference number will then be displayed on the printed form.
- This reference number should be well kept since you will need it anytime you need to follow up for your admission, among other inquiries relating to the admission.
- Ensure you have filled in every relevant detail including the photo upload.
- Print the completed form and keep it safe for presentation during your interview.
- You can also access the process via the Ministry of Health website and apply for your admission using either SSCE or WASSE (but not both) except for the serving officers.
What grade can I get admission at 37 Military nursing training, Accra?
If you are still looking for reliable information on the cut-off points to acquire admission in the institution or inquiring for the 37 Military Nursing School programs; below are the answers for the year 2018/2019. Well, the cut off points for an entry-level applicant is an aggregate of 24 in the relevant, vital subjects and elective subjects. This implies an applicant should have a minimum core passes of between A1 to C6 and have at least three electoral passes in the relevant disciplines. Additionally, to qualify for admission to 37 Military Nursing Schools, you have to be of an age bracket of between 18 and 35 years of age.
Below are the 37 Military Hospital Nurses Training College admission requirements for the academic year 2018/2019.
Nursing programmes: Under this program are two other auxiliary programmes, namely;
- Community health nursing
- Health assistant clinical
The overall aggregate of the qualifying applicants is a minimum score of 48 in the six subjects consisting of three core and three elective subjects. This means an applicant should have a minimum score of Credit or A1 – E8 in English, mathematics and integrated sciences and at least passes in other three elective subjects.
Under this category, the applicants must have an overall aggregate score of 30 in six core subjects and the three elective subjects. The applicant should also qualify for at least passes in Mathematics English and integrated science that is A1-E. They should also have scored at least throws in other three elective subjects.
The 37 Military Nursing School programs offer the below-registered diploma nursing programs;
- Diploma in General nursing
- Diploma in Midwifery (specifically for women)
- Diploma in Mental nursing
- Diploma in Community health nursing
The basic qualifications are;
The applicants should have a minimum aggregate score (overall) of 30 in six subjects that is, three core subjects and three elective subjects. They also should have a score of credits in English, mathematics and integrated science and credits in other three elective subjects.
Applicants under this category should have a minimum aggregate score (overall) of 24 in three subjects that is, three core subjects and three elective subjects. The applicant should also have scored credits in English mathematics and integrated science and loans in the three elective subjects.
Other Diploma programmes
- Diploma in Environmental Health
- Diploma in Dental Technology (technical officer)
- Diploma in Occupational Therapy
- Diploma in Physiotherapy
- Diploma in Community Nutrition
- Diploma in Health Informatics
- Diploma in the Prosthesis and Orthotic Technology
- Diploma in Optical Technology
However, below are the requirements to qualify an admission in any of the above eight diploma courses in the 37 Nursing School.
The applicants should have a minimum aggregate score (overall) of 36 in six subjects that is three core subjects and three elective subjects. They also should have a score of credits in English, mathematics and integrated science and credit score in the other three elective subjects.
Applicants under this category should have a minimum aggregate score (overall) of 24 in three subjects, that is three core subjects and three elective subjects. The applicant should also have scored credits in English, mathematics and integrated science and credits in other three elective subjects.
37 Military Hospital Nurses Training College physical address
The 37 Military Hospital Nurses Training College is located in Negheli barracks liberation rd 37, Accra, Ghana
- Telephone: 0302774318 or 0302777595
- Mobile phone: 0302767691 or 0302786103
- Fax mail: 0302773981