Kwame Ametepe Tsikata, popularly known by his stage name M.anifest is a famous Ghanaian musician, rapper, and entrepreneur from Ghana. He is also an award-winning songwriter and rapper.
The musician has worked with some prominent personalities such as Tony Allen, Damon Albarn, Flea, and Erykah Badu. He has also featured in five songs on the Rocket Juice and the popular Moon album. Interesting to note, the songwriter is the grandson of J.H. Kwabena Nketia, one of Africa’s popular composers and ethnomusicologists.
- Real name: Kwame Ametepe Tsikata
- Year of birth: November 20, 1982
- M.anifest age: 37 years
- Gender: Male
- Nationality: Ghanaian
- Career: Singer, songwriter, rapper, record producer, entrepreneur, public speaker, occasional lecturer
- Instagram: manifestive
He was born on November 20, 1982. M.anifest parents are both lawyers. The singer is son to Tsatsu Tsikata, a Ghanaian lawyer and mother, Dr Priscilla Naana Nkeita, a pastor and lawyer.
He went to SOS-Hermann Gmeiner International College in Tema for his high school education. He moved to Minneapolis-St. Paul in 2001 to study at Macalester College and graduated with a B.A. in Economics in 2005.
The talented musician released his first solo album in 2007. At that point in his career, he used funds from a Pepsi jingle, which was played on U.S. radio nationally. He has since then released various songs and albums.
In 2012, he joined the Africa Express train, which was touring the United Kingdom.
In 2012, he performed on The Big Brother Africa stage and the Channel O Music Video Awards held in South Africa. Kwame is also the co-founder of Giant Steps, an exciting conference for creative entrepreneurs.
The artist has several songs to his name. Here is a list of his songs:
- Babylon Breakdown
- Coming to America
- Makaa Maka
- Mind Games
- Someway Bi
- No Shortcut to Heaven
- W’ani Aba
- Forget Dem
- God MC
- Do My Own
- Me ne woa
- Azumah Nelson Flow
- Be my woman
- Don’t Follow Me
- Rapper 101
- Big Mad
The artist has several albums to his name. In 2009, he released a free album titled The Birds and the Beats. The initiative was aimed at raising funds and awareness for Young Entrepreneurs Africa, a non-profit organization.
In 2011, he released his sophomore album titled Immigrant Chronicles: Coming to America. The album consisted of his single songs such as Blue (Chale What Dey Happen), Asa, and Suffer. Here is a list of his albums:
- Manifestations (2007)
- The Birds and the Beats (Free Mixtape, 2009)
- Immigrant Chronicles: Coming to America (2011)
- Apae: The price of free E.P. (2013)
- Nowhere Cool (2016)
The singer has been awarded for various categories as listed below:
- He was named Songwriter of the Year Honors in the City Pages in 2008.
- He was awarded for top five albums of the year.
- Nominated for Most Gifted Hip-Hop Video at the 2012 Channel O Music Awards.
- Won the Best Hip-Hop Video at the 4syte Music Video Awards.
- Hip-Hop Song of the Year in 2013 Ghana Music Awards.
- Best Rapper of the Year in 2013 Ghana Music Awards.
- Hip-Hop Song of the Year in 2017 Ghana Music Awards.
- Best Artiste in African Hip Hop Award in 2018.
Here are some of his achievements during his music career:
- He co-wrote and produced the independence mini Hip-Hopera for Channel O.
- He performed at the first Ghana Music Week.
- He featured in the documentary We Rock Long Distance by renowned filmmaker Justin Schell.
M.anifest net worth
The singer’s net worth is estimated to be about $1 million to $5 million. His main source of income is through his music.
READ ALSO: Joey Diaz wife: name, age, job, kids
His has an upcoming music tour, which is scheduled to take place from May 2020 in XOYO to October 2020. It was communicated that the respective ticket agents would contact those who had already purchased the tickets.
READ ALSO: Craig Ferguson wife: How did they meet?
M.anifest is an artist whose music is inspiring. He has made a positive impact, not only in Africa but internationally. Most young people continue to look up to him for inspiration through his music.
READ ALSO: Jack Black wife: Who is she?