Ryan Stiles is a remarkable Canadian-American comedian, actor, and producer. He rose to stardom after working for the popular Lewis Kiniski on The Drew Carey Show and the American and British versions of Whose Line Is It Anyway?
Stiles is also celebrated for being a nominee for the Primetime Emmy Award for Individual Performance in a Variety or Music Program for his work on the Whose Line Is It Anyway? Furthermore, he was also featured in Two Together with Half Men, a CBS show, taking the character of Herb Melnick. He has appeared in commercials for several brands such as Pizza Hut, KFC, Nike, Playskool, Kwik Save, and Kinko’s.
- Birth name: Ryan Lee Stiles
- Place of birth: Seattle, Washington, USA
- Date of birth: April 22, 1959
- Aryan Khan age: 61 years
- Sun sign: Taurus
- Height: 1.98 meters
- weight: 95 kgs
- Profession: Comedian, Actor, Producer
- Nationality: Canadian-American
- Net worth: $8 million
Ryan was born in Seattle, Washington, as the fifth born to his Canadian parents, Irene and Sonny Stiles. His mother was a homemaker while his father worked as a supervisor at a Vancouver-based Canadian –fish processing plant.
At the age of 10, Ryan Stiles family relocated to Vancouver, British Columbia. He attended R.C. Palmer Junior Secondary School and later joined Richmond Senior Secondary in Richmond, Columbia, Britain.
However, when he was 17, a few months to graduation, he quit school because of peer influence. He started performing stand-up routines at clubs around his home to support himself.
Stiles worked as a helper to Rich Elwood when he started Punchlines Comedy Club. Later, he was the head writer of The Don Harron Show on CTV and hosted the Comedy College on CBC.
The stunning celebrity also joined the Vancouver Theatresports League and Punchline’s No Name Player, a breakthrough for him to work with the Second City comedy ensemble at Expo 86.
Later on, he started featuring in the Whose Line Is It Anyway? and The Drew Carey shows from 1989 to 1998.
These television shows popularized him, and in 1998, he was allowed to lobby ABC to get an American version of Whose Line Is It Anyway? show. This promoted him because he became its executive producer alongside Carey.
Ryan has also appeared on several movies and television shows, thus sharpening his acting skills. He was featured in Reno 911! as Sergeant Cliff and Hot Shots! as Mailman Farnham, among others.
Movies and TV shows
Here is a list of some films that Ryan has been featured in:
- 2009-Bless This Mess as Paul
- 2009-Memory Lanes as Ryan Murray
- 2009-Astro Boy as Mr. Moustachio
- 2001-Rock & Roll Back to School Special as Lewis Michaelangelo Kiniski
- 1997-Courting Courtney as Chad Gross
- 1994-L.A.X. 2194
Here are some of the shows that he has appeared in:
- 2020-Young Sheldon as Dr. Bowers
- 2019-American Housewife as Bill Doty
- 2004-2015-Two and a Half Men as Dr. Herb Melnick
- 2012-Are You There, Chelsea? as Jerry
- 2011-Working Class as Dr. Edwin Gould DDS
- 1995-2004-The Drew Carey Show as Ryan Stiles
- 2003-The Devil Made Me Do It as The Devil
- 2003-Nobody Knows Anything! as Harold
- 2002-Rugrats as Ralph
- 2001-Dharma & Greg as Abraham Lincoln
- 2000-Buzz Lightyear of Star Command as Professor Spyro Lepton
- 2000-What a Cartoon! as Vivian
- 1998-2007-Whose Line Is It Anyway? as the executive producer
- 1994-Weird Science as Dale Griffin
Awards and nominations
Here are the three wins and nominations that the celebrity has received throughout his career life:
- Primetime Emmy Awards- In 2002, he was nominated for an award in the category of Outstanding Individual Performance in a Variety or Music Program for his work in Whose Line Is It Anyway?
- All Sports Los Angeles Film Festival - In 2014, he won an award in the category of Audience Choice Award Documentary Feature for his work in Out of Nothing.
- Idyllwild International Festival of Cinema - In 2015, he won an award in The Golden Coyote Paws Best Documentary Feature for his work in Out of Nothing.
- International Filmmaker Festival of World Cinema, London - In 2015, he won an award in the category of Festival Award Best Feature Documentary for his work in Out of Nothing.
- 5. Knoxville Film and Music Festival - In 2014, he won an award in the category of Audience Award Feature for his work in Out of Nothing.
Ryan Stiles net worth
The celebrity has managed to earn a lot of wealth throughout his career life in the entertainment industry. According to Celebrity Net Worth, his gross net worth is approximately 8 million dollars.
If you're a RyanStiles fan, you probably have plenty of questions about him. You're not alone. Here are some of the frequently asked questions;
Who is Ryan Stiles' wife?
Stiles has been married for more than three decades to his long-term girlfriend, whom he met in 1981. Ryan Stiles' wife Patricia Mcdonald worked as a waitress at Punchlines Comedy Club.
Patricia Mcdonald and Ryan Stiles lived together for seven years before officiating their marriage in 1989. Ryan Stiles children are Mackenzie, Claire, and Sam Stiles. Ryan Stiles' house, which is a mansion, is located in Washington.
Is Ryan Stiles gay?
No, he has a straight sexual orientation. However, he is a great supporter of the LGBT community. Having a family disqualifies him from being gay.
Is Ryan Stiles still alive?
Yes, he is alive and healthy. Ryan Stiles's family enjoys the care and providence that he has for them. Besides, he is benevolent who supports many charity works such as Burned Children Recovery Center, by funding them.
Ryan Stiles is a celebrated American-Canadian actor and comedian who has been successful despite being a school dropout. His life is a great inspiration to most upcoming people in the entertainment industry. Besides, most of his fans cannot wait to see him feature in many other films in the future.
READ ALSO: YEN recently featured the life of Actress Kyeiwaa. There's more to the Ghanaian-born actress that meets the eye. While she's popular for starring in films like Akonoba, Aberbrese, Cross Road, and Ogyam, acting is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to this celebrity.