NPP Regional Chairman Election: Full List Of The 15 Elected Executives
- The NPP delegates retained most of their incumbent regional chairmen during internal elections held over the weekend
- The notable retention was that of Ashanti Region Chairman, Bernard Antwi-Boasiako, aka Chairman Wontumi
- In all, the party's delegates retained 12 incumbent regional chairmen and brought in two new executives
PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see YEN.com.gh News on your News Feed!
Incumbent Chairman of the governing New Patriotic Party (NPP), Bernard Antwi-Boasiako, aka Chairman Wontumi, is among a list of executives who retained their seats during regional elections over the weekend.
In all, party delegates elected 15 people to steer the affairs of the NPP for the next four years.
Results of the winners as published on many websites, including state-owned Daily Graphic show that 12 incumbent regional chairmen retained their positions. However, new chairmen were elected in the Bono East and the Western North region. The incumbent chairman of the Eastern region did not seek re-election.
Also, there is an outstanding election in the Central Region due to a court injunction placed on that election.
PAY ATTENTION: Enjoy reading our stories? Join YEN.com.gh's Telegram channel for more!
Below is the entire list of winners of the election that started on May 27, 2022.
- Greater Accra Region – Divine Otoo Agorhom
- Ashanti Region – Bernard Antwi-Boasiako, aka Chairman Wontumi
- North East Region – Nurudeen Fuseini
- Upper East Region – Anthony Namoo
- Ahafo Region – Kwabena Owusu Sekyere
- Northern Region – Mohammed Adam Bantima Samba
- Savannah Region – Iddrisu Sulemana
- Bono Region – Kwame Baffoe, aka Abronye
- Volta Region – Makafui Woanya
- Oti Region – Evans Yaw Dapaah
- Upper West Region – Sanbaye B. Kangberee
- Bono East Region – Ibrahim Baba Bukari
- Western North Region – Benjamin Armah
- Eastern Region – Jeff Konadu Addo
- Western Region – Francis Ndede Siah (unopposed)
- Central Region – Outstanding poll
Wontumi Defeats Odeneho In NPP Ashanti Regional Executive Elections, Full Results Drop
Meanwhile, YEN.com.gh reported in a previous story that Chairman Wontumi, the incumbent, was fiercely being contested as he sought to get a third term in the position. His closest contender was Chairman Odeneho Kwaku Appiah a.k.a. COKA.
So tight was the contest been that chaos erupted over the eligibility of some TESCON members to vote. This led to holding on of the counting of votes.
The NPP delegates conference was to elect regional executives across the country. That of the Ashanti Region held at the Baba Yara Stadium on Saturday, May 28, 2022.