Offinso College of Education offers students a chance to pursue their dreams. Selecting the best choice among the Colleges of Education in Ghana can be a little bit tricky. However, with your choice of course in education at hand, all you are left with is to find out the requirements for that particular course. Offinso College of Education like the name suggests offers education courses in Ghana. The courses offered have set requirements which must be met by the applicants who wish to join the college. This article provides, in a nutshell, the admission requirements into various courses in Offinso College of admission. You will also get to know the courses offered in the institution.
To be prepared is to be forearmed. This saying applies even when you are looking at the opportunity to join Offinso College for a course in education. Check out the following details to increase your success.
About Offinso College of Education
Offinso College of Education is one of the public teacher training colleges in Ghana. The college is situated in Offinso town, Offinso South District in the Ashanti region. It is sometimes called Offinco, which is the college's short name. The college was established in February 1955 by the gold coast district of the Methodist church. It was mainly a women's teacher training college. The college has offered the following programs; 4-years post middle certificate ‘A,' 2-years post-secondary certificate ‘A,' 3-years post-secondary certificate ‘A.' Currently, the college of education runs a 3-years diploma in basic education and a 4-years bachelor’s degree in education. The college of education received accreditation as a tertiary college in September 2007 by the National Accreditation Board (NBA) of the ministry of education.
Offinso College of Education has the following mission; to provide a quality teacher with excellent professional and relevant teacher training. This will in turn produce competent, dedicated, God-fearing and committed teachers who will perform creditably by international standards. Offinso College of Education campus and off-campus categories are also available.
Admissions at Offinso College of Education
If you are thinking of how to make it to the admission list of Offinso College of Education, there is an application process to follow. It is important to note in advance that applications are made through the College of Education portal. If you want to join any of the public colleges in Ghana, this is the channel to follow.
- Applicants are supposed to pay 150 GH₵ to any branch of the Ghana Commercial bank. The money is paid in the College of Education Ghana account in the name of the college of education.
- Once the payments are through, the applicants receive serial numbers and personal identification numbers. The pin number will be used to log into the application website.
- The website opens you up to forms to be duly filled and printed. Printed Offinso College of Education forms are mailed to the institution.
- Communication between the college and the student happens through Short Message Service (SMS). However, if you do not receive any notification from the college, then that is the indicator that you did make it to the admission list of Offinso College of Education.
Alternatively, an applicant can make payments through mobile money wallet, that is Airtel money, Tigo Cash or MTN mobile money through dialing shortcode, *924*8#. The code applies to all networks.
READ ALSO: Ghana Telecom University Courses
Courses offered at Offinso College of Education in Ghana
Offinso College of Education is one of the 42 colleges of education in Ghana. The college offers certificates and diplomas in basic education to individuals who wish to become teachers. It should be noted, however, that the colleges of education have new 4-year degree programs introduced into their system by the Ministry of Education. Therefore, in addition to the certificates and diplomas, Offinso College of Education offers Bachelor of Education programs. The following are some of the courses offered at Offinso College of Education.
Diploma in Basic education and Bachelor of Education Courses.
- Early childhood Education studies
- Mathematics and Science
- Courses for Hearing and Visual impaired
There are requirements set for students to pursue the above courses, either at a diploma or bachelor level. These requirements are as follows:
1. Diploma in education Level
- WASSCE holders. Applicants in this segment should have credit (A1-C6) in 5 subjects 3 cores including Mathematics and English Language and 2 elective subjects that are relevant to the course applied.
- SSSCE holders. Applicants with SSSCE must have credit (A-D) in 5 subjects 3 Core comprising of Mathematics and English Language and 2 elective subjects which are relevant to the course applied.
- TVET holders. They must have Credits in 5 subjects comprising of 3 core and 2 elective. 2 of the core must be Mathematics and English language, whereas the 2 elective subject must be relevant to the course you wish to pursue.
2. Bachelor’s degree in education
- WASSCE Holders. Must have credit (A1-C6) in 6 subjects 3 cores including Mathematics and English Language and 3 elective subjects that are relevant to the course applied.
- SSSCE Holders. Must have credit (A1-C6) in 6 subjects 3 cores including Mathematics and English Language and 3 elective subjects that are relevant to the course applied.
Admission requirements for Offinso College of Education
The table below shows, in summary, the admission requirements for Offinso College of Education. They are categorized separately for Diplomas and Degrees.
For Diploma in Basic education courses.
For Bachelor of Education courses the requirement is;
READ ALSO: Best remedial schools in Ghana
Offinso College of Education Contacts
In the case that you want to make inquiries about Offinso College of Education; the following contact information is available
Telephone Number: 0322299239 or 0244017770
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal Address: P.O. Box 7, Offinso
The above contacts are helpful for those who wish to make applications to study in the institution. You are advised to contact the institution first before making the application.
In conclusion, the admission requirements available here apply to all public colleges of education in Ghana. They are the ones you need to crosscheck with before making a step to use for any of the available courses in Offinso College of Education. However, you should also make contact with the Offinso College of Education campus for more inquiries.