Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) is one of Ghana's most reputable institutes. Since the school offers the best courses, distance learning masters programmes in KNUST are the most sought-after options for part-time students.
KNUST masters programmes are convenient and reliable. Know the institution's distance learning courses, application procedure, and requirements to make an informed decision.
Distance learning masters programmes in KNUST
The school offers numerous distance learning master's programmes. These courses are under the Institute of Distance Learning (IDL), one of its seven colleges. Here are is a list of KNUST's distance learning masters programmes:
- Commonwealth Executive Master of Business Administration (CEMBA)
- MBA International Business
- MPhil Post-Harvest Technology
- MPhil/MSc Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation
- MPhil/MSc Industrial Finance and Investment
- MPhil/MSc Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- MSc Procurement and Supply Chain Management
- MPhil/MSc Business Consulting and Enterprise Risk Management
- MPhil/MSc Educational Innovation and Leadership Science
- Master of Education Degree (MEd)
- MPhil/MSc Actuarial Science
- MSc Applied Statistics
- MSc Geography and Sustainable Development
- MSc Accounting and Finance
- MSc Health Informatics
- MSc Information Technology
- MSc Project Management
- MSc Actuarial Science
- MSc Applied Statistics
- MSc Human Nutrition and Dietetics
- MSc Food Quality Management
- MSc Development Management
- MSc Energy and Sustainable Management
- MSc Hospitality and Tourism Management
- MSc Strategic Management and Leadership
- MSc Corporate Governance and Strategic Leadership
- Master of Public Administration (MPA)
- MSc Insurance and Business Continuity
- MSc Agribusiness Management
- MSc Mechanical Engineering
- MSc Development Finance
- MSc Biotechnology
- MSc Cyber Security and Digital Forensics
- MSc Management and Human Resource Strategy
- MSc Environmental Resource Management
- MSc Marketing
- MSc Economics (ACCRA CENTRE ONLY)
- MPhil/MSc Forensic Science
- Professional Master of Engineering with Management (MEng)
PAY ATTENTION: Enjoy reading our stories? Join YEN.com.gh's Telegram channel for more!
KNUST masters entry requirements
You must meet the following minimum requirements to gain admission into the KNUST masters programmes:
- You should have a bachelor’s degree.
- It should be from a recognised institution.
- The degree must be in a related field to the master's course you are applying for.
- If you have a degree in an unrelated field, you may be considered if you have worked in the study area of the course you want to take for more than three years.
- Some courses listed necessitate a two-year relevant industrial or research work experience.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have a first-class or second-class division.
How to apply for KNUST distance masters programmes
You will need an internet-connected device, a browser, and academic certificates to apply for KNUST postgraduate courses. Follow these simple guidelines:
- Purchase an e-voucher for GHȼ280 application fee: Dial dial *447*160# on any network and follow the prompts to buy the e-voucher or visit these centres; Ecobank, GCB Bank, HFC Bank, UniBank, or Fidelity Bank.
- Pay the application fee: After paying the fee, you will receive an e-Voucher containing your PIN and application number for accessing the KNUST online admissions portal.
- Go to the school's website: Visit the KNUST admissions portal and click Apply Online. The system will prompt you to log into your account.
- Log into your account: Enter the e-Voucher's serial number and PIN. Contact +233 54 020 6262, +233 50 048 2885, or +233 24 727 4661 if you lost your PIN and serial number.
- Provide the needed details: The system will request your email, phone number, first name, sir name, and educational background.
- Check for errors and omissions: Proofread your entries and correct any mistakes after filling out your details.
- Print the application forms: Once you are done, download the documents to your local storage and print two copies.
- Submit your application: Post your forms to the Director IDL, KNUST, KUMASI. Attach your certificates and the required documents.
KNUST school fees and tuition
Since not all students can pay tuition and fees up front, KNUST has a flexible payment plan for them. Therefore, a student must pay 70% fees (minimum) before the 1st-semester exams. KNUST distance masters programmes are usually two years long, but part-time learners get an extra year.
On average, fees for masters programmes in KNUST ranges from GHC 12,763 to GHC 14,763 in the first year and GHC 4000 to GHC 5,000 in the second year. Contact the school's admissions office for more information and enquiries.
KNUST Institute of Distance Learning contacts
If you face technical when applying for KNUST postgraduate courses or have inquiries, contact the school using the following channels:
1. General contacts
- Website: idl.knust.edu.gh
- Phone 1: 0247274661
- Phone 2: 0500482885
- Phone 3: 0501102650
Physical location: The Office of the Director, Institute of Distance Learning, Casely-Hayford Building, KNUST Campus.
- Phone 1: 0204743271
- Phone 2: 0245077483
- Phone 3: 0509314350
- Phone 4: 0279857058
- Physical location: Old KNUST Guest House near ECOBANK Head Quarters;
- Contact: Michael
- Phone number: 0500482875
- Physical location 2: KNUST Accra City Campus, Kwabenya
- Contact: Luke
- Phone number: 0546924824.
- Physical location: VRA Academy
- Contact: Alfred Okang
- Phone number: 0208802435
- Physical location: The University of Energy and Natural Resources.
- Contact: Mr Alfred Appiah
- Phone number: 0500482877
- Physical location: BACCSOD Techiman Branch Office
- Contact: Mr Toura
- Phone number: 020 578 2024
Physical location: Ho Technical University, Volta Region
Contact: Mr Stephen Gbena
Phone number: 050 048 2873
- Physical location: Sekondi-Takoradi City Campus, Kansawrodo
- Contact: Mr. E. Opintan-Baah
- Phone number: 0500482883
- Physical location: Ghana Highway Authority;
- Contact: Mrs Fidelia Teayo Akumiah
- Phone number: 0209377707
- Physical location: Tamale Technical University
- Contact: Dr. Abubakari Abdul-Razak,
- Phone number: 0500482879
- Physical location: Bolga Secondary School
- Contact: Mr. Mukasa Zoogah,
- Phone 1: 0500482880
- Phone 2: 0208288666
- Physical location: Jihann Training College
- Contact: Mr Dominic Wanaa,
- Phone number: 0500482878
13. Cape Coast
- Physical location: Cape Coast Tech University
- Contact: Mr K. A. Simpson
- Phone number: 0500482882
Is KNUST masters form out?
KNUST released the 2022/2023 academic year's admission form for prospective undergraduate and postgraduate students. The undergraduates' registration process began in April 2022.
KNUST admission for 2022 undergrads will run from June 30th to July 31st, 2022. Meanwhile, the deadline for admitting research and higher degree programmes (distance learning students) is 30th November 2022.
How many years is a masters degree in KNUST?
KNUST's masters programmes take two academic years (full-time studies) and three academic years (part-time studies).
How many years is masters degree in Ghana?
It takes 1½ years to 2 years for a full-time student to complete a masters degree in Ghana.
What are the programmes in KNUST?
- College of Agriculture and Natural Resources
- College of Art and Built Environment
- College of Engineering
- College of Health Sciences
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- College of Science
- Institute of Distance Learning
97% of our 2019 class received job offers after national service with average salaries of 2k-3k cedis
Distance learning masters programmes in KNUST are the best for anyone who wants to further their studies in Ghana. You can enrol for weekend or evening classes, depending on your schedule.
KNUST admissions are highly competitive, and there are minimum requirements and cut off points to be met.
PAY ATTENTION: check out news exactly for YOU ➡️ find "Recommended for you" block and enjoy!