Often, people will want to try fun brain games that could easily spike or even improve their brain in the long run. Most of them will embrace various games including chess and even Sudoku. Whichever option one goes for, it should easily assure them of a better and more functional brain in the long run. There can never be anything as fun as testing your brain with a few brain teasers.
Brain teaser questions have proven to be some of the most reliable options that one can consider when seeking to improve their mental sharpness. In this light, it would be helpful to consider getting familiar with a few brain teaser questions. This way, it would be easier to have fun as well as keep yourself more focused. Here are a few to keep in mind.
How do you answer brain teaser questions?
Before answering any puzzle, make sure take your time to think about its response. Also, you can ask the person posing the teaser to provide further information, if any. Similarly, consider other answers and how close they are to your solutions as part of the thinking process.
Funny brain teaser questions for kids
Various times will arise when it becomes essential for your kid to forget any worries. Brain teasers for kids will come in handy in making sure that the child’s brain is entangled in a way that guarantees them more peace of mind.
What are some of the most valuable brain teaser questions and answers to consider at this point?
- What can you hold without necessarily touching or even using your hands?
- Which travels faster between hot and cold?
Response: Hot tends to be faster since you could easily catch a cold
- I threw the outside and cooked the inside. Then, I ate the outside and threw the inside. What did I take?
Response: Corn on its cob
- Who is bigger among Mr. Bigger, Mrs. Bigger, and their baby?
Response: Their baby. He is a little bigger
- You are in a cabin and it is very dark outside. Besides, you only have a single match on you. Which one will you light fast? Is it the newspaper, fire, lamp, or candle?
Response: You will light your match first
- John is a butcher and has a height of 5’10”. What does he weigh?
- How far can a rabbit run into the woods?
Answer: Halfway as it would be running out of the woods after this.
- A farmer has 17 goats. All of them but nine die. How many goats are left?
- Each year has 12 months. Seven of these months have 31 days. How many months in a year have 28 days?
Response: They all do
- What five-letter word becomes shorter when you add two letters to it?
- You can keep it but can never share. Once you share it, you can hardly keep it anymore. What is it?
Response: A secret
- A boy is rushed into an emergency room in hospital. The ER doctor sees the boy and says, ‘I cannot operate on this patient. He is my son.’ However, he was not the boy’s father. How was this possible?
Reply: The doctor was the boy’s mother
- What are the two things that you can never eat for supper?
Answer: Lunch and breakfast
- John’s mother had four children. Her children were called April, May, and June. What was the name of the fourth child?
- Why is it that a man living in the US cannot be buried in Canada?
Response: You can never bury a living man
- You have three houses, a red, blue, and a white one. The red house is on the left of the house in the middle. The blue house is on the right of the house in the middle. Where is the white house?
Answer: Washington, DC
- 90% of you will not find any mistake in in this. A, B, C, D, E, F
Answer: In is repeated
READ ALSO: Ghana nursing interview questions and their answers 2019
Brain teaser questions for adults
With brain teasers, adults will find it easier to keep their focus as well as challenge themselves. Here are a few brain teaser questions with answers that you should consider in this regard.
- A gentleman walks into a restaurant and the waiter does not hesitate to say, “Good morning, Admiral.” Why did the waiter call him an Admiral?
Answer: Because he is putting on his uniform
- A man pushes his vehicle into a hotel and tells its owner that he is bankrupt. Why did this happen?
Answer: He is playing Monopoly
- In a cycling cross-country race, you overtake the person who was in the second place. What position did you finish the race?
Answer: Second place. Overtaking the person makes you the second and not the first.
- You are in a house that has three switches and a closed door. These switches control the lights on the opposite side of the door. As soon as you open the door, you can never touch the switches anymore. How will you know what switch connects to which light?
Response: Turn on the first two switches and leave them on for a few minutes. After this, turn off one switch and leave the other on. Feel free to walk through the door. Touch the two bulbs that are not lit. The warmer one is connected to the second switch. The other bulb is connected to the switch that has not been put on at all.
- What words attract different pronunciation after capitalizing the first letter?
Response: job, Job; Polish, polish
- You want to measure exactly 7 liters of water. However, you only have a three-liter and a five-liter jugs. How can you do this?
Answer: Fill your 5-liter jug. Pour the contents into the three-liter jug so that you remain with two liters in the 5-liter jug. Pour the contents in the three-liter jug out and replace it with the 2 liters from the former. Fill your 5-liter jug now. You have seven liters in total.
- I am sweet in the sun when young. I make you gay when I am middle-aged. I am loved more than ever when I get older.
- When I was heading to St. Ives, I met a man with his seven wives. Each wife had seven sacks that contained seven cats each. How many were going to St. Ives?
Answer: One. I was the only one going to St. Ives.
- I will pay you $6 an hour for the six seconds you wash your hands. How much will you earn?
Answer: One cent
- How many seconds are in a year?
Answer: 12. Each second day of the month
- 3 peacocks lay six eggs a day. How many eggs will the peacocks lay in two days?
Answer: None. Only peahens lay eggs.
- What comes at the end of a rainbow?
- What starts with t, is filled with t, and ends with t?
- I get wetter and wetter as I get drier. What am I?
- Draw a line. Without touching it, make it longer. How do you achieve this?
Answer: Draw a shorter line next to it.
- What can run yet cannot walk?
Answer: a drop of water
- Name four days of the week that start with T
Answer: Tuesday, Thursday, today, and tomorrow.
- If Sally’s daughter is my daughter’s mother, who am I to Sally?
Answer: Sally’s daughter
- How many years are between 5 AD and 5 BC?
Answer: 9. There are no 0 years.
- I am an odd number that can become even once you take away a single letter. What am I?
- The more you take, the more you leave behind.
- What are the two keys that cannot open any door?
Answer: A donkey and a monkey
- What has holes but can still hold water?
- If an electric train is travelling at a speed of about 80 miles an hour, and there is a strong wind, which direction will the wind take?
Response: electric trains do not produce smoke
Random brain puzzle for everyone
- With a single knife cut, how will two people share a cake, and fairly so?
Response: The first person cuts the cake. The second one picks the piece he prefers.
- John and Peter played five hands of chess. They all won, with no draws in place. How did this become possible?
Answer: It is possible if they played with other people
READ ALSO: Tell me about yourself for freshers: How to answer
Hard brain teaser questions and answers
- It is 3.35 pm. The clock is rotated 90 degrees. What time will the clock show?
- Create an equation using the number 2345
- How do you get a sum of 6 if you only have three zeros.
- Without using any other number apart from 8s, show will you get a sum of 1000?
- What has a mouth but cannot eat, moves, but without legs, and has a bank that you cannot keep your money.
Response: A river
- A sundial has the fewest moving parts of any timepiece. Which has the most?
Reply: An hourglass, with thousands of grains of sand.
- In 1990, a person is 15 years old. In 1995, that same person is 10 years old. How can this be?
Response: The person was born in 2005 B.C.
- A man takes his car to a hotel. Upon reaching the hotel, he is immediately declared bankrupt. Why?
Reply: The man is playing Monopoly. He lands on a property with a hotel and doesn’t have enough money to pay the rent
- What do these words have in common: polish, job, herb?
Reply: All three words are pronounced differently when the first letter is capitalized.
- What is unusual about the following words: revive, banana, grammar, voodoo, assess, potato, dresser, uneven?
Response: Take the first letter of each word and place it at the end. It will spell the same word backwards.
- You are standing in a hallway with three light switches on the wall, each of which turns on a different lamp inside a closed room. You cannot see inside the room, and you cannot open the door except to enter the room. You can enter the room only once, and when you do, all the lamps must be turned off. How can you tell which switch turns on which lamp?
Answer: Turn on the right switch and leave it on for two minutes. After two minutes, turn on the middle switch and leave it on for one minute. When that minute is up, turn off both switches and enter the room. One light bulb will be hot (1st switch) and one will be warm (2nd switch). The cold bulb will correspond to the switch you didn’t turn on.
Best riddles with responses
Riddles are statements that have secret meanings and also challenge your brain. Additionally, these brain puzzles will come in handy for both adults and kids. Some of the top riddles with answers to consider include the following.
- What is greater than God, evil than the devil himself, the poor have it, the rich need it, yet if you eat it you die?
- What can travel around the whole world without necessarily leaving the corner?
Response: A stamp
- What is made of water but if you put it into water it dies?
Response: Ice cubes
- I am tall when young and shorter as I Get older. What am I?
Response: A candle
- What has hands but can never clap?
- If you drop me from any of the highest buildings, I will be fine. However, I die as soon as you drop me in water. What am I?
- What has a tail, head, but with no body?
READ ALSO: 100 funny things to say: random laughter quotes
Challenging adult puzzles
It is not difficult to find something to challenge your adults peers with. Try the following brain teasers to witness them struggle to find answers.
- What has an eye but too blind to see?
Response: A needle
- What room has no windows or doors?
- What tree can you carry in your hands?
Response: A palm
- What walks on four legs in the morning, two during the day, and three in the evening?
Response: A man through his life, from birth to old age
- Which word is spelled incorrectly in the dictionary?
- Feed me, I stay alive. Give me a drink, I die.
- How many of Each species did Moses take to the Ark?
- I am heavy as I tend forward. But, backward, I am not. What am I?
Response: Forward I am a ton, backward I am not
- I have married many women, but I have never married. Who am I?
- Imagine you are in a dark room. How do you get out?
Answer: Stop imagining
- What invention lets you look right through the wall?
Response: A window
- My friends and I were inseparable until we started to split one by one. My teacher game a smack on the pate, and off in the corner I sit. I am not hitting the books yet. However, I am now hugging trees, and it does not look so bad. I started from a C to a B. What am I?
- What is black and red and white all over?
Response: A newspaper
- What has a neck but without any head?
Answer: A bottle
- Alive without breath, yet cold as death. Never thirsty but always drinking. All in mail never clinking.
Voiceless it cries, wingless flutters. Toothless bites, mouthless mutters.
What are brain teasers good for?
Brain teasers are considered to be the best for the brain. They enhance ones thinking and problem solving capabilities. Also, kids and adults should embrace them because they improve the brain activities.
For as long as you have a few brain teasers questions in mind, you will easily get the fun your so long for alongside improved mental clarity. These brain teasers will also be a perfect escape during your pastime.
READ ALSO: How to answer a query letter at your workplace