Every Ghanaian interested in going to UK wonders how much is UK visa fees in Ghana. The charges depend on what kind of visa you want to acquire, the length of your stay, and the Border Agency charge of the UK visa Ghana supporting documents, contingent on various factors. The presented UK visa fees in Ghana 2018 will be helpful to the Ghanaians who need a UK visa to Study, work, settle, or to visit UK.
UK visa application in Ghana online
Before you commence on your UK visa application, there are a few things that you should pay attention to. Toy must know how to apply for the UK visa and the UK visa Ghana requirements. Here are the current UK visa fees in Ghana 2020.
UK student visa fee in Ghana
UK visa fees in Ghana for study depend on the term period for your study. Read on carefully before you commerce on your application.
Short-term study in UK
- A short-term study of up to 6 months - $144.
- If you want to take English Language on a short-term study; $ 275
A Ghanaian Parent Visiting their Child Studying in UK
- If your visit will take up to 12 months - $ 764
Special child visitors
- A short-term visit valid for 6 months, whether it is a multiple/single entry- $138
- A longer-term visit, valid for up to 2 years - $518
- A longer-term visit, valid for 5 years - $941
- If it is a Longer-term valid for 10 years - $1181
Course F visitors
- Course F main applicant and dependants UK application fees - $764
- Points-based system (Tier 4)
- For student applicant/dependants who want to see student visa page for full definition) - $515
Other Study UK embassy Ghana visa fees
For those Ghanaians who want to acquire visa types like Chevening Scholarship or Fellowship, British Marshall Scholarship, Fulbright Scholarship, and Commonwealth Scholarships and Fellowships Plan; the visa application is free of charge.
UK visa application fees in Ghana for a visitor
How long will your visit to UK take? Well, the visa type will determine the visa fees that you will be charged. Here is various UK visa types’ application fees in dollars for the Ghanaians. Have in mind that the more lengthy your stay is, the more the fees you will pay.
- A short-term valid for 6 months either a single or multiple entry - $138
- A Longer-term valid 2 years - $518
- A Longer-term valid 5 years - $941
- A Longer-term valid for 10 years - $1181
- If you want to acquire a UK visa as an academic visitor valid for 12 months and dependant - $275
- If you want to acquire a clinical attachments/dental, observation/ PLAB/OSCE test - $138
- A Diplomatic courier- $138
- A Permitted Paid Engagement - $138
- A Prospective Entrepreneur- $138
- If you are a Ghanaian who want to acquire a visa for a marriage or civil partnership you pay $138
- Diplomatic or an official visitor - For a diplomatic passport holder or an official Invitation by UK Government, the visa application is free of charge.
- Course F (main applicant and dependants)- they have to pay $764
- Visitors in transit- Visitors in transit pay $95 for the UK visa in Ghana.
READ ALSO: Apply for UK visa in Ghana
Cost of UK visa in Ghana for work
UK provides attractive job opportunities and anyone who wishes should cease the opportunity. Here are the UK embassy in Ghana visa fees.
Points- based system, tier 1
- An investor as the main applicant - $2402
- An entrepreneur as the main applicant - $1511
- An exceptional talent (part one with an endorsement by a competent body application) as a main applicant - $675
- An exceptional talent (part two with an entry clearance application) as the main applicant- $225
- An exceptional talent (where no approval letter is needed) as the main applicant - $900
- An exceptional talent applicant as a dependants only - $900
- A general/ entrepreneur with dependants only - $1511
- An investor as a dependants only - $2402
- An entrepreneur CESC as a main applicant only - $1430
- An exceptional talent CESC (part two with an entry clearance application) as a main applicant only- $144
- A graduate Entrepreneur - $537
- A graduate entrepreneur CESC as a main applicant only - $456
- A graduate Entrepreneur as a dependant - $537
- A post Study applicant as a dependant- $894
Points- based system, tier 2
- General/ ICT long term staff/sport & MoR who are sponsered for a period valid for 3 years (applicant & dependants) - $903
- General/ ICT long term staff/ sport & MoR who are sponsored for a period valid for less or 3 years (main applicant) CESC - $821
- ICT short term staff/ graduate trainee & skills transfer (applicant & dependants) - $713
- ICT short term staff/graduate trainee & skills transfer (main applicant) CESC - $632
- General shortage occupation who is sponsored for a period valid 3 years (applicant & dependants) - $687
- General shortage occupation who is sponsored for a period valid for 3 years (main applicant) CESC - $605
- General/ ICT long-term staff who is sponsored for a period of not less than 3 years as an applicant & dependants - $1805
- General/ICT long-term staff who is sponsored for period of not less than 3 years as a main applicant (CESC) - $1724
- General/ shortage occupation who is sponsored for a period valid 3 years plus as an applicant & dependants - $1373
- General/ shortage occupation who is sponsored for 3 years and above as an main applicant (CESC) - $1292
Points- based, tier 5
- An applicant who is a temporary worker ( main applicant & dependants) - $361
- An applicant who is a temporary worker( CESC) as a main applicant only- $280
- An applicant who is a youth mobility scheme (main applicant only) - $361
Other categories UK visa fees for work in Ghana
- An overseas worker who is a domestic worker in one of the private household - $764
- A UK ancestry - $764
- A fisherman who is operating inside the UK waters - $764
- An offshore worker - $764
- A representative of the overseas business & dependants - $903
- A Sheep Shearer - 764
- A van der Elst, a Swiss posted worker, a Turkish businessperson & dependants visa application is Free of charge.
Heads of state/diplomats/members of international organizations in Ghana with exempt status as well as courtesy endorsements.
- If any of the Ghanaian workers has undergone a diplomatic Posting to the UK as either the main applicant or dependant the visa application is free of charge.
- If any Ghanaian member of the International organizations wants to acquire a UK visa on an Official Visit/ official transit, the visa application is free of charge.
- Members of armed forces and their families (non-settlement)
- HM Forces personnel /Member of foreign-armed force (exempt from immigration control) application is Free of charge.
- Any dependants (exempt international forces applying under Part 10 of Appendix Armed Forces) - $764
- Arms control personnel (Vienna document 1992) – visa application is free of charge.
UK Settlement Visa Fee in Ghana
Do you want to be among the many UK visa Ghana citizens? Well, here are the fees that you are supposed to pay to acquire you UK visa.
Settled People (Family)
- A spouse/civil partner of a UK settled person - $2254
- A fiancé/ proposed by a civil partner of a UK settled person - $2254
- An Unmarried/same-sex partner of a UK settled person - $2254
- A child (any other dependant of Settled Person) - $2254
- A family life as a parent - $2254
- A parent/grandparent/other dependant relative of a settled person) - $4809
Settlement for current & former members of HM armed forces & their dependants.
- The former UK Armed Forces - $2254
- Pre 1997 Gurkhas that are outside the immigration rules- $2254
- Overage dependant children ( pre 1997 Gurkhas)- $2254
- HM Forces (dependants applying under part 4,5,7 or 8 of Appendix Armed Forces)- $2254
- For a returning resident - $764
- Family reunion for asylum seekers
- Family reunion (under Part 11 of the Immigration Rules), visa application fee is free of charge.
- A post flight (Non- Settled person) - $ 2254
- Family reunion (other dependent relatives) - $574
UK Visa processing fees in Ghana
The good thing about the UK visas as well as immigrations in Ghana, is that try to make efforts to finish up with the processing as early as they can. The processing only takes place during working days. This means that weekends and public holidays are excluded. Since you now know the price of UK visa in Ghana, consider visa processing fees.
Most long-term visits (that are valid for more than 6 months), general visits (valid for less than 6 months), Business visits (valid for less than 6 months), family visits (valid for less than 6 months), other visits (for 6 months and below), and point based system visas (PBS Tier 4) processing is within 15 days.
How to pay for UK visa fees in Ghana
The Guaranty Trust Bank is where to pay UK visa fees in Ghana. This bank has only 3 branches that you can for paying UK visa fees in Ghana, during your visa application. The branches are:
- Ridge, Head Office 25A, Castle Road, Ambassadorial Area Ridge, PMB CT416
- Cantonments. Accra. Labone 3rd Soula Street, adjacent to South African High Commission
- Osu Plot No. 577, Oxford Street, Osu R. E
Make sure you are given a receipt because it is one of the requirements when you visit the UK visa application Centre.
If you prefer to do your payments at the UK visa application Centre, then be ready to pay extra charges for processing.
READ ALSO: How to Apply For Us Visa Online