Choosing a college or a university is one of the most important decisions you will ever make in your academic life. This means that you have to do it right, otherwise you risk losing valuable time and money. While there are many factors to consider while choosing your ideal college, the most important factor is accreditation which translates to quality education. A college with sufficient resources provides quality education which certifies a graduates credentials to employers. One such learning institution that meets all these criteria is Radford University College. It's not necessarily one of the cheapest universities in Ghana but they have affordable fees. Here is a guideline on the admission requirements, application process, fees and various certificate and degree courses offered at Radford University College.
Most students miss out on admissions in most colleges because they are not well conversant with presenting a well-written college admission essay. This has posed a challenge to most students seeking admission in higher learning institutions. It is important to know the admission requirements of an institution. Therefore, this question arises, does Radford University require a college essay? The answer is not stated anywhere in their entry requirements.
Radford University College application guideline for first-time students
Radford University College has made the application process for both local and international students so simple and easy. All you need to do is follow this straightforward guideline.
- Choose the course you want and start date.
- Download and fill the admission form. Remember to choose the right form for your course and category, whether local or international student.
- On the form, you need to attach certified copies of your results or certificate and two recent passport size photos.
- Submit or mail your completed form together with the correct amount of application fee in form of a banker’s draft at the Radford University College campus.
The application fee for local students’ is GH₵ 80 for certificate courses and GH₵ 100 for degree programmes. On the other hand, international students are required to pay an application fee of $80 for degree courses and $70 for certificate courses.
You can mail your documents to the following address:
Radford University College
P.O Box CT 2837, Cantonments Accra.
Radford University College accreditation
College education can be a bit expensive, so you have to be sure that the course your undertaking has been approved by the relevant bodies. When it comes to Radford University College accreditation, you don’t have to worry as this learning institution is accredited by the National Accreditation Board and is affiliated to Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology. Through this accreditation, you as the student are sure that the course you are undertaking is legitimate and when you graduate from Radford University, employers will trust that you meet the quality check.
Radford University College Ghana fees
The fees you will pay while enrolling at Radford University College will depend on the course you will be undertaking and whether you are a local or foreign student. The following table contains Radford University College Ghana fees for first year students. Remember; the fees are subject to change due to some factors, therefore, it is best you consult the administration before making any payments.
Courses offered at Radford University College
Radford University College offers admission for both degree and certificate courses. Below is a comprehensive list of courses and Radford admissions requirements. Applicants who wish to be considered for admission can enroll in any of the following degree and certificate courses offered at Radford University College.
Bachelor of Arts Fashion Design
This course is for students who wish to pursue a career in fashion and textile design. The curriculum is also structured to meet the needs of explorers of fashion trends. By the end of the course, the graduate will be able to link theoretical concepts to the skills needed in the production world.
- Applicants must be WASSCE/SSSCE Certificate holders with a pass in English and Mathematics.
- The candidate must have a pass in one of the following other core subjects: Integrated Science, Social Studies/ Life Skills.
- Passes in any three relevant Elective subjects and the aggregate score for the core and elective subjects must not be more than 24 for SSSC holders and not more than 36 for WASSC holders.
- You need to also meet the department requirement which includes a pass in Visual Arts, Business and General Arts and other relevant subjects.
Bachelor of Science Information Communication Technology
The ICT course is designed to produce graduates who have knowledge and skills in core areas of Communication and Information Technology. To make the course more relevant and to fit the competitive real world, the students are also trained in the various course including Database Management, System Analysis, Website Development, Computer Networking a well a Data and Security.
- WASSCE/SSSCE Certificate
- A Pass in the core English and Core Mathematics, in addition to a pass in Integrated Science
- Must meet Departmental requirement: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and other relevant subjects.
- The aggregate score for the core and elective subjects must not be more than 24 for SSSC holders and not more than 36 for WASSC holders.
- Must have passes in any three relevant Elective subjects.
Bachelor of Art Graphic Design
When it comes to selecting Graphic Design schools in Ghana, Radford University College has the resources to enable graduates to excel in typography, illustration and photography. This program aims to equip students with skills and knowledge of how to use various graphic design softwares. Through graphic software, students can use visual communication which includes words, images and ideas to convey information to the target audience.
- WASSCE/SSSCE Certificate holder
- Passes in the English and Mathematics.
- A pass in one of the following other core subjects: Integrated Science, Social Studies/ Life Skills
- Passes in any 3 relevant Elective subjects whereby the aggregate score for the core and elective subjects must not be more than 24 for SSSC holders and not more than 36 for WASSC holders.
- Meet the departmental requirement in Visual Art Subjects, Economics, Management in Living and other relevant subjects.
Bachelor of Science Business Administration
Business administration is one of the most sought after careers as it leads to a variety of job opportunities in so many industries. So if you need to pursue this business course in one of the cheapest universities in Ghana, Radford University College is the place to go. This course aims at equipping students with knowledge and skills that will ensure they run day-to-day business operations smoothly and effectively.
- WASSCE/SSSCE Certificate holders
- A pass in English and core Mathematics
- A pass in one of the following other core subjects: Integrated Science, Social Studies/ Life Skills.
- Passes in any three relevant elective subjects.
- Applicants must meet the Departmental requirement which includes a pass in History, Geography, Accountancy, Government, Economics, Science and other relevant subjects.
Bachelor of Science Applied Science
This degree program gives students hands-on experience that will boost their chances of landing a job in supervisory positions.
- WASSCE/SSSCE Certificate holder
- A pass in the core English and Mathematics
- a pass in Integrated Science,
- Passes in any three elevant Elective subjects.
- Applicants have to meet departmental requirements which are a pass in Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Applied Electricity and other relevant subjects.
Who is eligible to enrol for a degree course at Radford University?
Radford requirements differ from one course to another. Apart from WASSCE/SSSCE Certificate holders, applicants with the following qualifications are also accepted to pursue Bachelor degree at Radford University College.
G.C.E Ordinary and Advanced Level Certificate holders
- Applicants must have Credit Passes in at least 5 subjects including English Language, Core Mathematics and a Science Subject in the West Africa Examination Council (WAEC), G.C.E. ‘O’ Level or School Certificate Examinations, and three passes at the G.C.E Advanced Level.
- Two ‘A’ Level passes at grade ‘C’ or better will also be accepted. A pass in General Paper must also be obtained.
- General Business Certificate Examination (GBCE) Certificate holders
- Candidates must have five passes at GBCE or SSSCE including English language and core Mathematics in the WAEC Business Certificate Examination.
- Advanced Business Certificate Examination (ABECE) Certificate Holders
- Applicants need to have 5 passes at GBCE or SSSCE including English language and Core Mathematics; and 5 passes at ABCE made up of 3 compulsory and 2 optional subjects in the West Africa Examination Council (WAEC) Business Certificate Examination.
Other accepted qualifications:
- Higher National Diploma (HND)
- DBS or Diploma from any recognized universities
- Royal Society of Arts (RSA) Stage II & III
- Professional Certificates from recognized professional bodies
- Association of Business Executives (A.B.E)
- Post-Secondary Teacher Training Certificate from a recognized institution
Admission requirement for mature applicants
Mature persons applying for admission to any Bachelor’s degree offered at Radford University are those who have attained the age of twenty-five years or more, but who do not fully meet the minimum radford requirements. Such applicants must have a reasonable education and working experience. All mature applicants will be required to write the Mature Candidates Entrance Examination and must have passed in both English and mathematics.
Levels to which candidates will be admitted for any Bachelors degree
Radford University accepts students to enrol at any offered bachelor’s degree courses at various levels which include:
- Level 100: applicants must have WASSCE/SSSCE Certificate or GBCE Certificate. Applicants with 4 passes will also be accepted in this level.
- Level 200: applicants need to have either of the following:
- ABCE Certificate, a Diploma in Business Studies (DBS), ‘A’ Level Certificate, or a Higher National Diploma (HND).
- Minimum of 5 passes or better and candidates who wish to study programmes other than the specialized subjects’ areas of study at the Diploma level.
- First Class or Second Class in subjects other than those they wish to pursue at the University College will be admitted to Level 200.
- Applicants with RSA Stage III and Post Secondary Teacher’s Certificate ‘A’ qualification plus 5 “O” Level credit passes or 6 SSSCE/WASSCE passes including English and Mathematics will also be admitted to level 200.
- Level 300: applicants must have obtained First Class or Second Class in the relevant specialized subject areas. Those with relevant University Diploma and those with a grade ‘B’ average or better grades will be gain admission at level 300.
If you do not have the requisite ‘O’ Level or SSSCE passes, but you still want to pursue a bachelors degree at Radford University Ghana, then you may apply as a mature candidate as long as you have attained the age of twenty-five and above.
Admission requirements for Level 100:
- Applicants must have Certificate in programmes run by recognized institutions.
Admission requirement for Level 200
- ICSA Certificate/or Foundation
- CIB Part I
- CIM Part I
- CIMA Part I
- ACCA Part I
- ICA Part I (New System)
- ICA Part II (Old System)
- Registered Midwifery Diploma and equivalents
- State Registered Nurses Certificate-ABE
- Registered Mental Nursing (RMN) Diploma
- Diploma in Laboratory Technology
- Registered General Nursing (RGN) Diploma
- IMIS Diploma in Information Systems Management
Admission requirement for Level 300
- IMIS Higher Diploma in Information Systems Management
- ICSA Certificate or Pre-Professional level
- CIB Part II
- CIM Part II
- CIMA Part II
- ACCA Part II
- ICA Part II (New System)
- ICA Part III (Old System)
Certificate courses offered at Radford University College
- Business Administration
- Sales & Marketing
- Hospitality & Event Management
- Environmental Management and Entrepreneurship
- Information & Communication Technology
- Under this course students will gain knowledge in:
- Computer Web Design
- Computer Networking
- Computer Programming
Certificate Programs in Health Sciences
The healthcare curriculum courses offered at Radford University College under the school of health science are based on a US model but structured to meet the Ghanaian job environment. Since this faculty is relatively new, they only offer certificate courses that take two years to complete. Under the School of Health Science at Radford University, you can apply for any of the following certificates:
Diagnostic Ultrasound Technician Certificate courses
There is a growing demand for certified ultrasonography technicians and that is why Radford University College focuses on using refreshing clinical approach to train technicians to be experts in various imaging modality and preliminary interpretation. Certificate courses offered under this section include:
- Echocardiography Technician
- General Diagnostic Ultrasound Technician
- Vascular Ultrasound Technician
Physician Office Assistant Certificate courses
This is an entry-level certificate course that offers training for support staff who will work in the medical office, the hospital, clinic and any other healthcare area that requires their staff to have basic training in clinical, medical and office administration. With this certificate, graduates can work as medical assistants or enroll in other various medical programs such as medical administrators, nursing or medical technicians. Certificate course offered under this faculty include:
- Medical Office Administrative Assistant
- Medical Office Clinical Assistant (including EKG and Ultrasound assistants)
- Medical Secretary/Receptionist
Medical Technologist and Medical Laboratory Technician courses
Students who enrol in the medical laboratory technician courses will get the best practical training in the following completive fields:
- Medical Biochemistry Technician
- Histopathology Technician
- General medical laboratory technician
- Medical Microbiology Technician
- Haematology Technician
Surgical/Operating Room Technician Certificate Course
The healthcare field is rapidly expanding and both private and public hospitals in Ghana need surgical or operating room technicians to ensure that all surgeries are safe and successful. When you complete this course, you can be employed to become one of the vital members of the surgical team where you will work as the anesthesiology technician.
Emergency Medical Technician/Paramedic Certificate Course
Are you looking for the latest courses offered at Radford University College and related to the healthcare field in Ghana? Well, just like the Surgical/Operating Room Technician Certificate, the Emergency Medical Technician/ Paramedic Certificate course is one of its kind in Ghana. All students undertaking this course will also learn first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
With this certificate you can work at the Ministry of Health, Fire Department, sports events, schools, hospital, airports and many other areas that require certified healthcare personnel.
Admission requirements for certificate courses
Certificate courses applicants must have SSSCE Certificate with passes in English, Mathematics and Integrated Science, in addition to 1 elective subject in Arts, Sciences and Business.
If you are a mature student, then you must meet the fowling requirements before you can gain admission to any of the certificate programs. Requirements for such applicants include having a reasonable education. All Mature applicants will also be required to write the Mature Candidates Entrance Examination and must have passed in English and Mathematics. Admission to any of the certificate courses offered at Radford University College will depend on your performance in this entrance exam.
How to write a successful Radford University College application form
Radford University College offers two separate application forms: for certificate courses and for bachelor’s degree. Both forms can be filled and submitted online. You can obtain your admission form from:
The Registrar‘s Office
Radford University College
Mailing: P O BOX CT 2837,
48 Boundary Road
Block 46 East Legon
For more enquiries about your admission, fees structure and application form feel free to contact Radford University College through their email or telephone numbers.
- Tel: +233 (0) 20 1617584, +233, (0) 54 647 9813, +233 (0) 23 414 6747
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
With various degrees and certificate courses that Radford University College offers, there is no reason why you should not submit your application. The admission process is simple, clear and straightforward. But before making any payments or filling in your admission form, make sure you consult with the school so that you can iron out all final details of the course.