If you are a Nollywood fan, you must have encountered Van Vicker on several occasions. He is handsome and has a high onscreen attraction power that has earned him many female fans. The legend is gifted in film and TV role interpretation and suits any movie role.
Van Vicker is a Ghanaian actor, movie director and humanitarian. He is the CEO of a film production house known as Sky + Orange. He is an award-winning actor, nominated for the Best Actor in a Leading Role and the Best Upcoming Actor at the 2018 Africa Movie Academy Awards.
Van Vicker profile summary
- Full name: Joseph Van Vicker
- Date of birth: 1st August 1977
- Place of birth: Accra, Ghana
- Van Vicker age: 43 years
- Nationality: Ghanaian
- Ethnicity: Black
- Marital status: Married
- Spouse: Adjoa Vicker
- Profession: Ghanaian actor, movie director, humanitarian
- Net worth: $4.5 million
Van Vicker biography
The actor was born on 1st August 1977 in Accra, Ghana. How old is Van Vicker? The talented Ghanaian actor is 43 years old as of 2021. He is the son of a Dutch father and a Ghanaian/Liberian mother. Unfortunately, the actor's father passed away when he was only six years old.
Van was raised by his mother single-handedly. Since his mother was a traveller, the actor got to visit many places worldwide. He considers himself a global citizen since he was trained in almost all parts of the world.
The actor got his education from Mfantsipim School. He studied alongside the talented Ghanaian actor Majid Michel. There are no details about his higher education.
The Nollywood actor did not become famous in a day. His career has grown steadily from playing minor roles to landing significant roles in highly acclaimed films and TV shows. Here are the highlights of his career:
The Ghanaian actor began his TV career as a presenter. He worked at Groove 106.3 FM between 1999 and 2000. Between 2001 and 2004, he worked at Vive 91.9fm. Later, he began his career as a TV personality working for TV3 Ghana between 1997 and 1999 and Metro TV between 2000 and 2004.
He made his debut TV series appearance in Sun City, which depicted university life. He played the role of LeRoy King Junior, a Fine Arts student born in the United stared but arrived in Sun City to undertake his studies. He appeared in a total of 10 episodes.
He landed his first movie role as a supporting character in Divine Love. He debuted among several other renowned actors and actresses, such as Jackie Appiah and Majid Michel. Since then, he has starred in many movies, mainly playing a male romantic lead character.
Breakthrough in Nollywood
The Ghanaian actor attained a Nollywood breakthrough after appearing in numerous prominent films and TV shows. He starred alongside renowned Nollywood actors and actresses such as Tonto Dikeh, Mercy Johnson, Stephanie Okereke, Chia Ika, and Jim Ikye.
The actor has starred in over 50 films and TV shows right from his debut. He has played both minor and significant roles. Below are Van Vicker movies and TV shows:
- 2004 - Divine Love
- 2006 - Beyonce: The President's Daughter as Raj
- 2006 - Darkness of Sorrow as CK (Charles)
- 2006 - Mummy's Daughter
- 2006 - The Return of Beyonce as Raj
- 2007 - American Boy as "Nelly."
- 2007 - I Hate Women as Rocky
- 2007 - Innocent Soul
- 2007 - In the Eyes of My Husband as Leo
- 2007 - Princess Tyra as Kay
- 2007 - Royal Battle as Lawrence
- 2007 - Slave to Lust
- 2007 - Wedlock of the Gods
- 2008 - Broken Tears as Ben
- 2008 - Corporate Maid as Desmond
- 2008 - Friday Night
- 2008 - Jealous Princess as Sam
- 2008 - River of Tears as Ben
- 2008 - Total Love as Nick
- 2009 - Twilight Sisters as Micky
- 2009 - Royal War as Uzodimma
- 2009 - Beyond Conspiracy as Michael
- 2010 - Discovered
- 2010 - Loyal Enemies
- 2010 - Kingdom in Flames
- 2011 - Paparazzi Eye In The Dark as Rich
- 2013 - One Night In Vegas as Tony
- 2014 - The Heart Breaker’s Revenge as Dalyboy
- 2016 - Skinned as Robert/ Bobby
- 2017 - Cop's Enemy as Christopher "Shadow" Ifechi
- Pending - Day After Death
The actor has directed, starred and produced five movies under his Sky + Orange production house since 2008. In 2012, the production house earned the NAFCA's Best Actor and Director Awards for his comedy film, Joni Waka.
The actor's excellence and talent, has not gone unnoticed. He has been nominated for and won awards from Africa to the Caribbean. He has been awarded during the Ghana Movie Awards, ACRAG awards, and the Nollywood Academy Films Critics’ Awards as follows:
- 2009 -Afro-Hollywood Award for the Best Actor (African film category)
- 2011 - Pan African Film Festival for the Africa Channel's Creative Achievement Award
- 2012 - Nollywood and African Film Critics Awards (NAFCA) for the Best Comedy Movie
- 2013 - 2013 Ghana Movie Awards for the Best Actor (Local Film)
- 2013 - Pyprus Magazine Screen Actors Awards for the Best International Actor
- 2016 - Kumawood Awards for the Best Collaboration
- 2008- 4th Africa Movie Academy Awards for the Best Actor in a Leading Role
- 2008 - 4th Africa Movie Academy Awards for the Best Upcoming Actor
- 2015 - Nollywood and African Film Critics Awards (NAFCA) for the Best Actor in a Leading role (Diaspora film)
- 2016 - 2016 Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards for the Best Actor Drama/Series
- 2016 - 2016 Nigeria Entertainment Awards for the Best Actor Africa/Non-Nigerian
Van Vicker wife and children
The talented Ghanaian actor is married to Adjoa Vicker, also known as Larika. The duo has been married since 16th October 2003 and has been blessed with three lovely children, two daughters and one son.
Larika Van Vicker and Van Vicker children are J'dyl Vicker, J-Ian Vicker and Vj Van Vicker. The actor is also a father of two more kids from his previous marriage.
Net worth and house
How much is Van Vicker worth? According to Wealthy Genius, the Ghanaian actor has an estimated net worth of $4.5 million, making him one of the richest and most influential Ghanaian actors. He has earned this money from his various ventures such as acting, directing and film production.
With his huge sum of money, the film producer leads a luxurious life. Van Vicker family lives in one of the most beautiful mansions in Ghana.
Current whereabouts and other facts
Is Van Vicker dead? No, he is not. He was once rumoured to have been involved in a fatal accident. However, he came out to confirm that he was alive and in good health. Generally, this is where Van Vicker funeral rumours started.
Is Van Vicker still acting? Yes, he is still active in the film industry. Apart from film production, he is still actively involved in acting. One of his latest business ventures was launching the Van Vicker Training facility. The foundation is one of the best outreach programs for youths in his country.
Van Vicker is an award-winning actor who has directed and produced several movies in the Nollywood industry. He is a role model and a source of inspiration to many actors across the globe.
Yen.com.gh shared Oge Okoye age, husband, net worth, movies, and children. She is one of the most beautiful and talented actresses in Nigeria. She is also a producer, television personality, entrepreneur, and philanthropist. She has featured in many Nollywood movies where she has had numerous roles.
Oge Okoye continues to rise high and shine in her career as an actress. Her appearance on the TV screens remains to be epic as her fans look forward to her movies.