Many famous personalities owe their prominence to biological or close ties with other highly renowned personalities. Deborah Elizabeth Sawyer falls in this category of people. She rose to fame for being the mother of Doja Cat, an American music sensation. But what does Deborah Sawyer's background look like?
PAY ATTENTION: Сheck out news that is picked exactly for YOU ➡️ find “Recommended for you” block on the home page and enjoy!
Deborah Elizabeth Sawyer is a renowned artist from the United States. In addition, she is a well-established actress and painter from California. She has gained fame for her speciality in oil paintings. In addition to her successful artistry career, she is famous for being Doja Cat's mother. Doja is a prominent American musician and rapper.
Deborah Elizabeth Sawyer’s profile summary
|Full name||Deborah Elizabeth Sawyer|
|Date of birth||1 January 1963|
|Age||59 years old (as of 2022)|
|Place of birth||Los Angeles, California, USA|
|Current residence||Los Angeles, California, USA|
|Height in feet||5'7''|
|Height in centimetres||170|
|Weight in pounds||114|
|Weight in kilograms||52|
|Body measurements in inches||36-30-37|
|Body measurements in centimetres||91-76-93|
|Hair colour||Light blonde|
|School||The College of New Jersey and Pratt Institute|
|Profession||American painter, actress|
|Famous for||Doja Cat’s mother|
Deborah Elizabeth Sawyer’s biography
Deborah Elizabeth Sawyer was born on 1st January 1963, in Los Angeles, California, USA. How old is Deborah Sawyer? The American painter is 59 years old as of 2022. She holds an American nationality and is of mixed ethnicity.
PAY ATTENTION: Follow us on Instagram - get the most important news directly in your favourite app!
The painter has remained secretive about her personal life. As a result, she has not provided any information about her parents, siblings, early childhood and upbringing.
After her primary and high school education, Elizabeth joined The College of New Jersey for her degree. She graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Studio Art. Later, she enrolled at the Pratt Institute in Brooklyn, New York, for a Master of Fine Arts in Painting.
What is Deborah Elizabeth Sawyer's job?
She works as a painter. She was born with an artistry DNA since her painting passion grew from her mother, who was a talented artist. Deborah has been gifted with the craftiness of freehand drawing and painting.
She cultivated her passion while growing up with the help of her mother before settling for it as a career. Most of her images are environment driven to showcase her love for the beauty of nature and the environment.
Her paintings have received worldwide recognition for their unique crafting of wax, oil and watercolour. Her fans appreciate her paintings because of her creativity and the deep meaning in each work.
Apart from her painting and artistry skills, she is also a talented actress. She made her acting debut in 2012 when she starred as Mother in Tower. However, she rose to fame for her role as Shirley Regal in Friends Don’t Let Friends Date Friends in 2014.
Her film appearances are as follows:
- 2012 – Tower as Mother
- 2013 – Give and Take as Actress at an Audition
- 2014 – The Lottery of Life as David’s Mother
- 2014 – Friend’s Don’t Let Friends Date Friends as Shirley Regal
- 2016 – Mangoes as Dog Lady
- 2017 – Black Donnellys as Mrs Thompson
- 2017 – The Clean Up as Deborah Sawyer
- 2017 – Broke and Famous as Candy Spelling
- 2020 – Untold Stories of the ER
- Post production – Transmission: Vol. 1
Is Deborah Elizabeth Sawyer married?
No, she is divorced. However, she was previously married to a South African man named Dumisani Dlamini. Dumisani was a talented actor, producer, dancer, and songwriter. He is famous for his appearance in Sarafina, Isindiso, Yizo Yio, and Drum.
Deborah and Dumisani first met when he was on the Sarafina tour in the United States. They fell in love, after which he decided to remain in the States after the tour. Unfortunately, the union ended in divorce after 15 years. After the divorce, Dumisani returned to his home country, South Africa.
The couple was blessed with three lovely children, two daughters and one son. Amala Zandile Dlamini, commonly known by her stage name, Doja Cat, is the only publicly known child. She is a talented American rapper and singer. However, her brother and sister are not publicly known.
How tall is Elizabeth Sawyer? The American painter stands at the height of 5 feet and 7 inches. She weighs around 52kg. Elizabeth has light blonde hair and sharp grey eyes.
How much is Deborah Elizabeth Sawyer's net worth?
She has an alleged net worth of $700,000 as of 2022. She has a steady income from her successful drawing and painting career. She also earns through acting.
Deborah Elizabeth Sawyer’s fast facts
- Who is Deborah Elizabeth Sawyer? She is a renowned American actress and painter. She is also the mother of talented American rapper Doja Cat.
- What is Deborah Elizabeth Sawyer's age? She is 59 years old as of 2022. She was born on 1st January 1963 in Los Angeles, California, USA.
- Who are Deborah Elizabeth Sawyer's daughters? Her daughters are Amala Zandile Dlamini, commonly known by her stage name, Doja Cat and her younger sister, whose name has not been revealed.
- How did Dumisani Dlamini and Deborah Elizabeth Sawyer meet? The duo first met when Dumisani was on the Sarafina tour in the United States.
- Who are Doja Cat's siblings? She has one sibling, a younger sister whose name and current whereabouts have not been publicly revealed.
- What is Deborah Elizabeth Sawyer famous for? She is renowned for her successful career in painting and acting and for being the mother of Doja Cat, an American rapper and singer.
- How much is Deborah Elizabeth Sawyer's net worth? She has an alleged net worth of $700,000 as of 2022.
Deborah Elizabeth Sawyer has risen from a humble beginning to become a household name in the United States. This is partly due to her successful career but largely thanks to being Doja Cat’s mother. She single-handedly raised her children, and her efforts have paid off.
Yen.com.gh shared an interesting article about Michael Blackson. He is a renowned Ghanaian American comedian popularly referred to as the 'African king of comedy.' He is well known for his roles in P Diddy's Bad Boys of Comedy, Welcome to America, and 30 Rock.
Michael Blackson is inarguably one of the best-known Ghanaian-born comedians in Hollywood today. His unique standup comedy style has seen him make appearances in numerous venues across the USA. He has also played numerous roles in films and television shows.
New feature: Сheck out news that is picked for YOU ➡️ find “Recommended for you” block on the home page and enjoy!