Adhering to the Mampong Technical College of Education requirements for admission will win you a slot in one of the best technical colleges in Ghana. Education is priceless hence the constant need to keep pursuing it. As such, the learner must consider all the requirements and qualifications needed to secure a position in the college considering that it is very competitive to get in. With the government doing its best to enhance education, it is up to the student to ensure that they enrol and get admitted to the Mampong Technical College of Education.
If you aspire to be a student at Mampong Technical College of Education, this article will be very helpful. You will get to learn the history of the institution, where it is, the courses that it offers as well as the entry requirement for each one of the courses that Mampong Technical College of Education. Mampong College of Education is in the Brong Ahafo region in Mampong Municipal District.
READ ALSO: Ghana Telecom University Courses
About Mampong College
All institutions have esteemed goals and objectives that they intend to fulfill. The Mampong Technical College of Education is not any different. In this case, the college has a mission and vision which it looks forward to accomplishing. The mission and vision of the Mampong Technical College of Education are;
To become an outstanding 21st-century Technical College of Education comparable to any top niche tertiary institution in the world within the next ten years.
To engage contemporary research outcomes, technologies and relevant cultures in delivering quality technical teacher education.
First, being conversant with the history of Mampong Technical College of Education is a priority. Therefore, here is a brief history of Mampong Technical College of education. Mampong Technical College dates back to the year 1922. It first started as a Trades Training Centre. By then it was under the British Government, during the colonial period.
Later in 1937, Trades Training Centre was turned into an army recruitment center. The recruits were to represent the British in the Second World War. Because its purpose had changed from being a training center to an army recruitment center, its name changed to Borstal institution. Apart from being a recruitment center, Borstal Institution also served as a correction home for boys.
After the Second World War had come to an end, Borstal Institution changed to Government Trade School. It maintained this title from 1945 to 1960. After 1960, it changed its name to Junior Technical Institute. Until 1967, the institution retained Junior Technical as its title. During this time, it was under the leadership of Mr. J. Merry who served as its first principal ever since its establishment as Trades Training Centre. The institution changed to a Handicraft Technical Teachers Training Institute. Then in 1969, Handicraft Technical teachers Training Institute was changed to Technical Teachers Institute.
After nine years of operation as Technical Teachers Training Institute, the institute decided to change to a new name. This change marked the birth of Mampong Technical Teachers College in 1978. Since 1978, Mampong Technical Teachers College had diligently served the people of Ghana until October 2007 when the government of Ghana decided to upgrade it to a tertiary educational institution. Being an essential occasion since the beginning of Mampong Technical Teachers Training College, it had to be symbolic. Because of that, it changed to Mampong Technical College of Education, and Mampong Technical College of Education came into existence. For the past decade, it has consistently served the people of Ghana.
Courses offered at Mampong Technical College of education
The courses offered at Mampong Technical College of Education is our central area of concern, especially for a prospective student. Mampong Technical College of Education is responsible for training individuals who wish to venture into the education sector as teachers. It is one of the 38 colleges of education in Ghana.
The courses offered at Mampong College of education are in two main categories;
- Diploma in Basic Education (DBE)
- Special program.
Each one of these two categories has options that a student can specialize in. The Diploma in Basic Education, for instance, has six options. Whereas the special applicants' have two options.
The courses offered under the Diploma in Basic Education include;
- The General option
- Science option
- Mathematics option
- Early Childhood education option
- French option
- Technical option.
On the other hand, the options offered to the special applicants’ category are:
- Visually impaired
- Hearing impaired option.
Before a student is offered a chance at Mampong Technical College of Education, just like many institutions, there are several requirements that a candidate should meet. The admission requirements for Mampong Technical College of education are in two categories. There are the general admission requirements for the college. There also is an admission requirement for each one of the areas that a candidate wishes to enroll. This article has clearly articulated each one of the Mampong Technical College of Education admission requirements.
To begin with, Mampong Technical College of Education admits prospective students with either their West African Senior School Certificate (WASSCE) or their Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE).
The qualifications for either of the holders of these certificates varies. For instance:
- Candidates who hold the West African Senior School Certificate (WASSCE) are expected to have attained passes, that is grades A1-D7, in six subjects. These include Core Mathematics and English language. Out of the six subjects, the candidate is further expected to score not less than grade C6 in any three subjects that they wish to study at Mampong College of Education.
- For candidates who are holders of the Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE), the expectation is for them to have a pass. That is grade A-D in not less than six subjects. This includes the English language and Core Mathematics. They are further supposed to have a pass in the three subjects that they wish to specialize in.
- Candidates who are awaiting their West African Senior School Certificate (WASSCE) results can also apply.
Each of the options of the courses offered at Mampong Technical College of Education has specific academic qualifications, the tables below give the educational requirements for each of the options. It takes into account the two categories of applicants; holders of West African Senior School Certificate (WASSCE) as well as the Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE) holders. These details will also serve as a guide when deciding which option to enroll for.
Admission requirements for the various options for the Diploma in Basic Education at Mampong Technical College of Education.
For the second category of applicants, the special applicants also have entry requirements that they are required to fulfill before they gain admission to Mampong Technical College of Education.
- Students who are holders of the West African Senior School Certificate (WASSCE) certificate or the Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE) must meet the stipulated requirements to apply.
Tabulated below are the entry requirements for the special applicants’ category;
College of Education application
Once you have gone through the courses offered and ascertained that you meet the stipulated qualifications, you can then go ahead and commence the application procedure. Mampong Technical College of Education application procedure is not any different from most of the institutions. The College of Education application procedure is online.
1. The first step in the college of education application is making a payment of one hundred and thirty(130) Cedis to the account of the school. This transaction should be in branches of specific banks, that is;
- GCB Bank or
- UniBank Ghana.
Alternatively, a candidate can also make the payment through mobile money banking systems. Transactions made through mobile banking should be through the following mobile networks;
- MTN Mobile Money
- Tigo Cash or Airtel Money. The shortcode for the mobile banking transactions in any of the systems is *924*8#.
2. After making the payments, the applicant will receive the following:
- Personal Identification Number (PIN)
- Admission address and
- Admission application serial number.
The PIN, admission address, and serial number mark the second step in the College of Education application procedure. The candidate is expected to click on the admission website address.
3. Upon clicking on the website, Mampong Technical College of education forms will appear. A candidate is expected to feed the details required in the College of Education forms. It is vital that a candidate provides accurate and sincere information on the Teacher Training College forms. Instructions should be followed to the latter, especially when feeding in the details.
4. Once an applicant completes filling in the forms, he or she is expected to print a copy of the filled Teacher Training College forms and send it to the college. The Teacher Training form should be forwarded alongside a copy of the applicant's passport photograph and a copy of the applicant's result slips if they have them. EMS should mail the documents. The address of the mail is ‘The Principal of the College Chosen.'
5. Once the Teacher Training forms get to the college, the relevant officials will send applicants SMS.
6. After the vetting process, successful candidates selected and qualified students will again receive SMS from the college. If an applicant does not receive a notification, then it means that they did not qualify for the selection.
7. Candidates should note that the college confirms the sent result slips with the West African Examination Council. Any case of fake documents will be noted, and a candidate responsible for this breach will get disqualified. Applicants are also advised to give the right contacts, especially for feedback.
8. After Mampong Technical College of Education, admission officials have looked into the applications of candidates; the successful candidates shall get notifications of when to report. The admission list for Mampong Technical College of Education will then be compiled and uploaded on the school's website.
For the candidates who do not qualify for the courses offered at Mampong Technical College of Education, trying out other colleges of education in Ghana is also a viable option. A candidate can secure a chance in any of the remaining 37 colleges of education in Ghana.
For any inquiries concerning Mampong Technical College of Education, you can comfortably contact the college through any of the following contacts;
Telephone Number: +233-50-138-9354
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal address: P.O. Box 31.
Mampong Technical College of Education is equipped and confident to offer the best services to all its prospective students. At Mampong Technical College of Education, it goes without mention that you will gain the best skills that will earn you a well-paying job.