Ghana Technology University College (GCTU) is a technology-oriented institution of higher education. It is dedicated to providing the highest quality of education. To be admitted here, you must meet the minimum requirements for the course you wish to apply for.
GCTU offers certificate, diploma, and degree programs. It also runs a graduate school that delivers specialized postgraduate programs. Here is what you need to know about Ghana Technology University fees, courses, cut off points, and requirements.
Courses offered at Ghana Technology University College
The institution has three core undergraduate faculties, Faculty of Engineering, Faculty of Computing and Informational Technology, and Faculty of IT Business. Postgraduate courses are offered under Engineering, Information Communication Technology, and Business Management. They include the following:
1. Faculty of Engineering (FoE)
- BSc. Telecommunications Engineering
- BSc. Computer Engineering
2. Faculty of Computing & Information Systems (FoCIS)
- Diploma in Information Technology (2 Years)
- BSc. Informatics (4yrs/Top-up)
- BSc. Information Technology (4yrs/Top-up)
- BSc. Mobile Computing (4yrs/Top-up)
- BSc. Computer Science
- BSc. Software Engineering
- BSc. Business Information Systems
3. Faculty of IT Business (FoITB)
- BSc. Accounting with Computing
- BSc. Economics
- BSc. Procurement and Logistics
- B.Sc Banking and Finance
- BSc. Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Diploma Programmes (2years)
- Diploma in Public Relations Management
- Diploma in Management
- Diploma in Accounting
- Diploma in marketing
4. Accelerated Certificate Programmes
- Certificate in Tablet/Mobile Phone Repairs
- Certificate in Web Design
- Certificate in Graphic Design
- Certificate in Digital video editing
- Certificate in Digital Photo Editing
- Certificate in Computer Software Applications
- Certificate in Computer Network Security
- A+ Computer Certification
- N+ Certification
- CISCO Certified Network Associate
- Certificate in System Administration I (Basic)
- Certificate in System Administration II Advanced)
- Certificate in Programming Fundamentals
- Certificate in Software Development and Web Application
- Certificate in Mobile Software Application Development
- Certificate in Relational Database Management
5. Language Centre Programmes
- English as a Second Language (ESL) Beginner, Intermediate & Upper Intermediate Levels
- Pre-Sessional English for Academic Purposes
- Vacation Classes for English / French Students
- TOEFL/GRE, DELF/DALF Preparation Courses & Exam Centre
- English Proficiency Classes & Exams
- Translation Services
- French / Spanish Classes
6. Masters Programmes (Coventry University)
- MSc. Oil & Gas Management
- MSc. Supply Chain Management
- MSc. Engineering & Management
- MSc. Engineering Project Management
- MSc. Management Information Systems
- MSc. Information Technology for Management
- MSc. Information Communication Technology
- MSc. Business Decision Management
- MBA Finance
- MBA Logistics
- MBA in Petroleum Economics and Finance
7. Masters Programme (Anhalt University)
- MBA International Trade
- MSc. Logistics and Air Traffic Management
- MA Online Communication (Digital Business and Online Marketing)
8. Masters KNUST
- MSc. Telecommunications Engineering
- MSc. Telecommunications Management
- MSc. Business Entrepreneurship & Technology
9. PhD (Aalborg University)
- Telecommunications Engineering (PhD.)
- Information Communications Technologies (PhD.)
10. PhD (MS Ramaiah University)
- Engineering & Technology
- Management & Commerce
- Hospitality Management & Catering Technology
11. Other Programmes
- Diploma in Procurement & Logistics (NABPTEX)
- Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering (CITY & GUILDS)
- Association of Business Managers and Administrators (ABMA) the UK, (Management & HR Options)
Ghana Telecom University courses and cut off points
Before you apply for any course, make sure you have met the minimum requirements:
Requirements for undergraduate students
For a degree program, you should meet the requirements listed below:
1. SSSCE/WASSCE applicants
- You need grades A1 to C6 in core subjects including Mathematics, Integrated Science/Social Studies, English Language
- Grades A1 to C6 in three other elective subjects.
- Credits in not less than five subjects at GCE O-Level or its equivalence.
- Credits in English Language and Mathematics
- Three credit passes in three other subjects at your Advanced Level
- Credits in Business Mathematics, Integrated Science, and English Language.
- Credit passes in three elective subjects
4. Mature applicants
- You should be aged 25 years or above at the time of application
- Proof of your age with a birth certificate, baptism card, or weighing card. These documents should have been issued not less than five years to the date of application.
- You should pass the Mature entrance examination in English Language, Mathematics, and General Paper. Engineering students will have an extra Physics examination.
5. American grade 12
- Relevant academic qualifications
- Your certificate must be evaluated by the National Accreditation Board (NAB)
6. City and guilds
- Diploma in electrical engineering
- Advanced diploma in the microcomputer technology
- Any other relevant IT program
7. International baccalaureate
- Diploma holders must go through compulsory three months of English Proficiency classes
- Original and translated original versions of result slips should be submitted to the National Accreditation Board (NAB) for evaluation.
Admission requirements for top-up applicants
- A higher national diploma in a relevant program from a recognized institution.
- You must have scored at least 2nd class lower division.
- You can also be admitted with a verifiable diploma from relevant study fields and issued by an accredited institution.
Admission requirements for diploma courses
The following are the admission requirements for diploma courses:
1. WASSCE applicants
- You must have grades A1 to D7 in your core subjects.
- The core subjects include English language, Integrated Science/Social Studies, and Mathematics.
- Grades A1 to D7 in any three elective subjects
2. SSSCE and GBCE applicants
- Grades A to D in core subjects, including English Language, Social Studies/Integrated Science, and Mathematics.
- Grades A to D in any other three elective subjects relevant to the course you are applying for.
Entry requirements for graduates
- A first good degree
- You must not be below second-class lower division.
- The degree must be from an accredited institution.
- Higher National Diploma or 2 -year diploma from an accredited institution
- Chattered membership from professional bodies such as ACCA, ICAG, CILT, ICBA, or CIPS for those applying to join Coventry and Anhalt University.
- If you have a third class or pass a degree, you must attend a one-month mandatory refresher course and pass an entrance interview.
- A minimum of 2 years of working experience in a relevant field for MBA programs.
- You must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
To sum up, as long as you are above the listed requirements, you should not worry about the cut off points.
Ghana Telecom University fees
The following amounts are charged for different courses:
1. Undergraduate programs
The fees applicable per semester for different courses are shown below. Note that the amount in GHC applies to Ghanaians, and the one in USD applies to international scholars.
- BSc Telecommunications Engineering - GH¢1,700.00 or USD1,800.00
- BSc Computer Engineering - GH¢1,700.00 or USD1,800.00
- BSc Information Technology - GH¢1,700.00 or USD1,800.00
- Bachelor of Business Administration - GH¢1,200.00 or USD1,000.00
- Diploma in Telecommunications Engineering - GH¢1,700.00 or USD1,800.00
- Diploma in Information Technology - GH¢1,700.00 or USD1,800.00
Continuing students – Bachelors (Level 100 second semester to level 400)
- BSc Telecommunications Engineering - GH¢1,606.00 or USD1,742.00
- BSc Computer Engineering - GH¢1,606.00 or USD1,742.00
- BSc Information Technology - GH¢1,606.00 or USD1,742.00
- Bachelor of Business Administration - GH ¢1,106.00 or USD942.00
Continuing students – Diploma (Level 100 second semester to level 200)
- Diploma in Telecommunications Engineering - GH ¢1,606.00 or USD1,742.00
- Diploma in Information Technology - GH¢1,606.00 or USD1,742.00
2. Maters and doctoral students
You will pay the following Ghana Telecom University fees for postgraduate courses. The first amount for each course applies to Ghanaians and the second, international scholars.
- MA Education - £ 5000 or £ 6000
- Master at Law, International Business Law - £ 5400 or £ 5400
- Master at Law, International Sports Law - £ 5400 or £ 5400
- MBA International Trade - £ 4000 or £ 6000
- MBA International - £ 5000 or £ 6000
- MBA Finance - £ 5000 or £ 6000
- MSC Supply Chain Management - £ 5000 or £ 6000
- MSC Engineering and Management - £5000 or £ 6000
- MSC Engineering Project Management - £ 5000 or £ 6000
- MSC Oil and Gas Management - £ 5000 or £ 6000
- MSC Management Information Systems - £ 5000 or £ 6000
- MBA Oil and Gas Management - £ 5000 or £ 6000
- MSC Telecommunications Engineering - Gh¢ 20000.00 or Gh¢ 28000.00
- MSC Telecommunications Management - Gh¢ 20000.00 or Gh¢ 28000.00
- MSC Entrepreneurship and Technology - $ 8000 or $ 10000
- MSC Aviation Management - $ 10000 or $ 14000
- MSC Telematics - $ 10000 or $ 14000
- MSC Information Communication Technologies - $ 15000 or $ 15000
Ghana Telecom University forms deadline
Applications for international scholars are open throughout the year. For Ghanaians who wish to enrol in the 2020/2021 semester, the application deadlines might be extended due to the current pandemic. To know the deadlines, contact the administration via the contacts in this write-up.
Ghana Technology University college contacts
In case you have any queries, complaints, or comments, reach out via the following details:
1. Main Campus
- Location: Tesano-Accra
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +233(0)302 221479
- Skype: gtuconline
- Digital address: GA-167-2927
2. The Graduate Admissions Office
- Phone 1: +233(0)302 917152/302 969020
- Phone 2: +233(0)2698352/3
- Email: email@example.com
3. Kumasi Learning Centre
- Location: Kumasi Campus Amanfrom – University Junction– Off the main Barekese Road
- Postal Address: PO Box KS 1921, Kumasi-Ashanti
- Phone 1: 0501341932-University Relations Office
- Phone 2: 0501341931-Admissions Office
- Phone 3: 0202698348- Graduate School
- Phone 4: 0205435952
- Phone 5: 0202625751
- Skype: kumasicampus.gutc
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. HO Learning Center
- Location: Ho
- Phone 1: +233(0)362 025138
- Phone 2: (0)202625792/202625793
- Skype: hocampus.gutc
- Email: email@example.com
5. Koforidua Learning Centre
- Location: Koforidua
- Phone 1: +233(0)342 094196
- Phone 2: (0)202625760/202625761
- Skype: koforiduacampus.gutc
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Takoradi Learning Centre
- Location: Corktree Avenue, Wendy Ridge, Adjacent Vodafone Office, Sekondi Takoradi Highway
- Phone: +233(0)202625794/202625795
- Skype: takoradicampus.gutc
- Email: email@example.com
GTUC is the place where you can pursue knowledge without boundaries. You will learn theory combined with practice to produce a better understanding of the subject contents. Before you apply, make sure you meet the listed requirements for Ghana Technology University College courses and cut off points.
Yen.com.gh shared on 9th September a step-by-step guide on how to use the UG MIS Web student portal. The portal contains exclusive academic databases that are readily accessible for both prospective and continuing learners.
Through the portal, new and continuing learners can now inquire, register, pay fees, and access all vital information concerning their academics. UG scholars can now achieve their academic goals in the comfort of their homes.