Whether you want to talk to customer care, top-up airtime, or access other services on their network service, MTN Ghana shortcodes simplify the process. This innovation is part of the giant telecoms company's efforts to eliminate the pain and struggles of remembering long processes of carrying out specific activities on their customers' part.
Like most countries, the telecommunication industry in Ghana keeps putting in efforts towards serving its customers. While Ghana may have some mobile services providing companies, MTN Ghana features prominently among the best. As a notable service provider in the country, it owes its success to the tremendous effort put into meeting customers' continued demands.
There are different packages specially tailored towards meeting customers' increasing needs. MTN voice packages like MTN Mashup and Super Saver bundles allow users to pay less and get more calling credits and data bundles. Notwithstanding, since enjoying the offers are not automatic, customers have to subscribe before they are placed on the platform.
MTN short codes Ghana
The invention of MTN shortcodes has simplified phone operations for everyone. Users do not have to trouble themselves with cramming steps in accessing specific services that the telecoms company offers. The following are all MTN codes that users need to familiarise themselves with as they use the service.
- To load airtime, punch *134*pin#
- For balance inquiry, dial *124#
- For please call me service, add 024 to the recipient's phone number and 1 at the end before you send to 1399
- Dial *567# to subscribe to MTN Pulse
- For MTN Mashup balance, punch *567*4#
- Dial *156# to check your MTN mobile phone number
- Call 100 to access the MTN call centre
- Dial 154, followed by the recipient's phone number for MTN pay for me
- Call 1515 for assistance if you fall victim of mobile money fraud
- For MTN internet bundles, punch *138#
- To purchase a monthly internet bundle between 300MB and 10GB, punch *138*1*3#
- For social internet bundles, punch *138*1*5#
- To purchase YouTube bundles, dial *138*16#
- Dial *170# for MTN mobile money code
- Dial *138*4# for super saver bundles code
- To subscribe to the caller tunez package, call 1355
- To unsubscribe from tunez, just text 'STOP' to 1355
- To send a voicemail, call 108, and if you want to receive one, call 109
- To request internet settings, dial *585#
- For accurate weather forecast, punch *455#
- In case you want to reserve your phone number for two years, dial *1390#
- To connect to MTN radio, call 1303
- To get farming tips, call 30037
- To subscribe to cool jokes, dial *300*20#
- To get updates on Silverbird movies, SMS MOVIES to 1412
- For those who wish to be part of MTN free calls services, the code for free calls is *550#
- For MTN free call months offer, dial *315#
- To deactivate from all these MTN services, dial *175#
- Dial *138*1*4# for unlimited MTN internet bundles
- To borrow credit, dial *506#
- Dial *511# for generating mobile money ATM token
- Dial *138*1*1# for daily MTN internet bundle between 20MB and 350MB
- To check the 4G compatibility of your device, dial *585#
- To buy a weekly MTN internet bundle between 25MB and 500MB, punch *138*1*2#
- In case you have delayed repaying your mobile money loan and wish to be exempted from extra interest, punch *595#
- To share your credit with friends, punch *198#
- To subscribe to WeChat monthly data package, dial *1552#
- To make your phone number portable, text PORT to 600
- To confirm whether your number has been registered, punch *400#
- If you happen to be a victim of SIM-Box fraud and wish to report the fraud, SMS the Simbox of the fraudster to 419
How to get free credit and transfer MTN data bundle
The free credit code for MTN depends on how long a customer has been using this service. By implication, the longer users have been on the network, the more credit they stand to get. They can also get free credit based on the amount of airtime they use regularly.
What happens is that every time customers make a call, send an SMS or use the internet to browse, MTN accumulates some points for usage, which they can redeem for free services.
So, what is the code to be getting free credit from MTN network in Ghana? On how to redeem MTN points for airtime, mobile phones or even modems, the code to use is *482#.
On the other hand, there is currently no code to transfer MTN data bundle to another MTN SIM in Ghana as the service is presently not available.
MTN call promotions
If you want to enjoy a longer time of calls with your loved one, the service provider has some juicy promotional offers that you can avail yourself of. Depending on the offer a user opts for, they can enjoy free calls without limitation for up to six months using any of the MTN codes for free calls.
More so, users get to enjoy free data bundles for every airtime they purchase, and they can enjoy more by paying less, depending on any of the MTN call bundles chosen. The available promotional offers and how to activate them include the following:
- For MTN Pick & Pay Later, the code is *527#.
- A user who wants to confirm if they are eligible for Just 4 you loyalty promo can dial *141#.
- For MTN Akwaaba, the code *550# to choose a favourite MTN number and enjoy free unlimited calls to it for six months.
- To enjoy MTN Sunday Special, send 'START' to MTN short code 5050 to sign up.
- To make zero calls to other MTN customers, the MTN Nkomode short code is *315#.
MTN pay for me code
Due to high network tariffs, some customers may get into situations where their accounts are not recharged, and they cannot make phone calls to other customers. For such cases, the service provider makes it possible for customers to borrow airtime, which they will refund after some time. To borrow credit using MTN Ghana shortcode, just dial *506#.
For cases where the customer does not want to pay for the call they make, there is the "pay for me" option. In this option, a customer makes a call, but the call's recipient is liable for the call charges. The code to use in this case is 154 (recipient's phone number). Note that everything is typed together without spacing them.
MTN mobile money shortcode
MTN mobile money code makes it easy for customers to access their mobile banking accounts without using the MTN app. After dialling *170#, the options available in mobile banking will be accessible.
With the mobile money shortcode, customers can pay bills, send money to other MTN Ghana users, and even send money to their credit cards.
The MTN Ghana shortcodes are a laudable innovation from the giant telecoms service provider. The fact that they simplify phone operations and encourage the young and old to access service with minimal assistance is worth commending.