Deloris Frimpong-Manso is a Ghanaian-born radio and television presenter commonly known by her showbiz name, Delay. She is also a producer of television series and an entrepreneur who began her career at a very tender age.
Deloris is known for her television series dubbed Afia Schwarzenegger and the Derolis Mackerel. She is a big fighter for the course of African women through the use of her powers as a media personality to propel African women.
Deloris Frimpong profile summary
- Full name: Deloris Frimpong Manso
- Celebrated name: Frimpomaa
- Date of birth: 25th June 1982
- Place of birth: Nkawkaw, Ghana
- Deloris Frimpong Manso age: 37 years
- Deloris Frimpong Manso birthday: 25th June
- Nationality: Ghanaian
- Ethnicity: Black
- Religion: Christianity
- Profession: Media personality, entrepreneur, public speaker, women’s advocate
Deloris was born on 25th June 1982 in Nkawkaw, Ghana. Her real name is Deloris Frimpong Manso. She joined Aburi Girl's Senior High School for her secondary school education.
Later on, she enrolled at Methodist University College in Ghana.
Deloris has been a victim of stereotyping during the beginning of her career as a teenager, by some of the individuals who thought that she wasn’t good enough.
Manso didn't let the stereotyping hinder her from achieving her dream, and at the moment, she has employed more than 35 workers, some of which are her family members.
Deloris Frimpong Manso's family is one of the aspects that she has chosen to keep away from the limelight. There are no details about her father, but her mother passed away in 2003.
Her mother passed away when Deloris was just a teenager, and this forced her to take care of the two siblings in a state of poverty, hopelessness, and lack of support.
Deloris began her career as a presenter in 1999, at the age of 17 years at Life FM in Nkawkaw. At the station, she was commonly referred to as Frimpomaa. In 2003, she gave up her dream for two years after losing her mother, but in 2005, she came back and started over again. Here is a breakdown of her career.
Film and television
- The Delay Show - A controversial TV show in the Ghanaian scene where Deloris is the hostess and the executive producer.
- Cocoa Brown - A television drama series based on her rise as a TV personality. She is the executive producer.
- Afia Schwarzenegger - A TV series starring media personality Afia Schwarzenegger with Delay as the producer.
Frimpong has been engaging in public speaking for a long time now. Most of the time, her public speeches are often about her sharing experiences in life to motivate other women as well as the youth to strive and pursue excellence. She has offered some of her speeches in the following avenues:
- Main speaker at the International Youth Empowerment Summit (iYES) conference that took place at the National Theatre.
- The main speaker at the 2nd Women’s CEO Summit. The conference saw thousands of women from different spectrums of life, coming together to share their experiences in life to motivate each other.
Deloris owns a company that produces Delay Mackerel and Sardines. The main aim of the company is to motivate women and young people to believe in their capability to launch their businesses.
Ambition to become the president
Delay's dream to be a role model to the youth and women seems to know no boundaries. She is determined to become the first female president in Ghana by 2032. Deloris firmly believes that women shouldn't be hindered by anything in taking senior positions in society as well as running the country's affairs.
Throughout her life, Delay has always been at the forefront advocating for the course of African women. In the recent past, she embarked on a series of campaigns to debunk the assertions, which suggest that African women are helpless individuals who cannot stand on their own to become successful.
Awards and honours
Due to her diligence and compassion for women, Delay has had several honours and awards to her name, such as:
- 2017 - The first person on Pulse Gh list of five most industrious celebrities in Ghana.
- 2018 - Women Empowerment Award at the 3G Awards which took place in New York. The award was in recognition of her feminism and advocating the course of women in the community.
- 2019 - She was named the ambassador for iYES during the 5th edition of iYES which was launched in Accra Ghana.
Deloris Frimpong Manso net worth
Delay has had a successful career which has made her value to increase steadily over the years. She has managed to establish several businesses, such as:
- Delay Mackerel and tomatoes sauce
- Self-financed television shows
- Shoe collection store
In 2017, she bought two houses which are an indicator that she is making a good amount from her endeavours even though she hasn't come out to declare her net worth publicly.
Deloris Frimpong Manso pictures
Here are some fantastic photos of the gorgeous woman:
1. The curvaceous queen
Delay is standing while holding the wall in a pose that shows off her curvaceous body. The posture not only flaunts her beauty but confidence as well.
2. Up and about
Delay is casually dressed and standing in what seems like a mall. She is wearing a black pant, matching green shoes and top. It appears that she is in one of her ordinary up and about.
Deloris Frimpong Manso baby is the latest news which has been making headlines about the radio show host. Rumours were all over the internet that she had given birth to a beautiful baby girl. Delay came out to blatantly denial having given birth despite her friends confirming that indeed she was a mother.
Frimpong uses her various social media platforms to advocate for the course of women as well as advertise the businesses. Here are the links to these platforms:
Deloris Frimpong-Manso has worked her way through a rough childhood to becoming the noblewoman she is today. She has been on the forefront in supporting others, especially the youth and women to become noble individuals as well.