The Ghanaian music industry comprises nothing short of the finest singers. Making it in this industry can be a daunting task as there are many talented artists in the country. However, resilient, hard-working and committed individuals stand a better chance. MOG Music has mastered this art and he is making it big in the contemporary gospel music sector.
Nana Yaw Boakye, commonly known by his stage name MOG Music, is a contemporary gospel singer, songwriter, and pastor. Some of his most popular hits are Be Lifted, God of Miracles, Redeemed, Awesome God and Elohim.
MOG Music profile summary
- Full name: Nana Yaw Boakye
- Place of birth: Ghana
- Nationality: Ghanaian
- Ethnicity: Black
- Marital status: Married
- Spouse: Emelda Boakye-Yiadom
- Profession: Singer, songwriter, pastor,
MOG Music biography
The Ghanaian singer was born in Ghana, but he has not offered any information about his birthday. Not much is known about his siblings, childhood, educational background and upbringing.
MOG Music Elohim hitmaker began his career in the music industry at the age of 14. He released his first album, New Wine, in 2016. The album was well-received by his fans countrywide, and it earned him a nomination in the African Gospel Music Awards for the Album of the Year.
MOG released a single hit, Making it Big, where he featured renowned Ghanaian artist Sarkodie. He has also collaborated and performed with many other gospel artists such as:
- Ohemaa Mercy
- Joe Mettle
- Denzel Prempeh
- Jekalyn Carr
- Danny Nettey
- Nii Okai
- Ron Kenoly
Here are the highlights of his discography:
- 2016 - New Wine
- 2018 - Better Me
- MOG Music songs
- Be Lifted
- Local Praise
- Praise Medley
- God of Miracles
- M'agyenkwa Pa
- Awesome God
- King of Glory
- Living God
- I Am Blessed
- Over Dose
- You Are Great
- Touch Me
- God Be Praised
- Our God Reigns
- You Reign
- Amazing God
- Making it Big
- Wose Ayeyi
- Yesu Ka Wo Ho
- Great One
The singer's excellence in the Ghanaian music industry has not gone unnoticed. With his resounding songs, he has bagged several awards and nominations as highlighted below:
- 2019 - African Gospel Music Awards for the Outstanding Male Minister of the Year category (Nominee)
- 2019 - African Gospel Music Awards for the Outstanding Collaboration Song category (Nominee)
- 2019 - Contemporary Gospel Music awards for the Worship Song of the Year category (Winner)
- 2020 - Vodafone Ghana Music Awards for the Male Vocalist of the Year category (Winner)
- 2020 - Vodafone Ghana Music Awards for the Producer of the Year category (Winner)
MOG Music wife and children
MOG Music Be Lifted singer is the husband to the lovely Emelda Boakye-Yiadom. The duo tied the knot in a private wedding ceremony in the presence of a few close friends and family members.
On 2nd March 2021, the singer took it to Instagram to flaunt his beautiful wife as they celebrated their 8th wedding anniversary. He shared a photo of himself and his wife, with the following beautiful caption:
It will be difficult for me to put words together today because I am choked with emotions. I can't believe it's eight years already. Thank you for accepting me as your husband when I didn't even have Ghc 100 in my savings account. Thank you for leaving your mother's comfort and moving in with me into a one-bedroom house with no bed. Thank you for the 3years you provided food and everything when I was not working and didn't have any income.
Here are lesser-known facts about the Ghanaian gospel singer:
- His wife is known as Emelda Boakye-Yiadom.
- The singer celebrated his 8th wedding anniversary in March 2021.
- MOG Music Be Lifted MP3 download is available on various platforms such as YouTube and Tubidy.
- He is private on matters regarding his personal life.
- He has won numerous awards while being nominated for others.
MOG Music is one of the few Ghanaian artists making big moves in the contemporary gospel sector. He is loved by many due to his words of comfort and encouragement in the lyrics of his songs. He is an inspiration to many people in Ghana and beyond.
Scott has established a great reputation in the entertainment industry with his band $uicideboy$. he formed it with his cousin Ruby Da Cherry in 2014 and have gained a lot of recognition