WAEC and WASSCE Ghana
WAEC Ghana is a West African Examinations Council (WAEC) branch. Four English-speaking countries in West Africa founded WAEC. It is a non-profit organisation that conducts public tests for students in Ghana. It also assists in developing sound education, ensuring the educational standards are met and inspiring the students’ potential beyond examination.
The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) was established in 1952 by Ghana, Nigeria, Sierra Leone and The Gambia. Its headquarters is in Accra, Ghana. Liberia joined the council in 1974.
The WAEC Ghana office contacts are as follows:
- P.O. Box 917, Accra, Ghana
- Phone: (233) 302 208 201-9
- Email: email@example.com
- The website of WAEC Ghana is www.waecgh.org, where you access more information about the body.
WAEC Ghana conducts three categories of tests. They are:
- Major Examinations. These examinations include the Basic Education Certificate Examination, West African Senior School Certificate Examinations and Business Certificate Examinations.
- Aptitude Tests. These are mainly for admission into institutions, award of scholarships and employment tests.
- Miscellaneous Examinations. These are examinations carried out by foreign examining bodies such as ABE, IMIS, ABRSM and CIC.
The private registration portal of WAEC Ghana is unified.ghanawaec.org. Here, you can register for any exam.
The scratch card
To check your results online, you need to have a scratch card. This voucher has a serial number and can be bought from authorised dealers or at any WAEC office.
Examiners portal of WAEC Ghana
The examiners portal of WAEC Ghana is https://examiners.waecgh.org. Anyone can apply for the WAEC examiner position by downloading and filling out application forms.
The attestation is a confirmation document that certifies that a person has taken a WAEC exam and earned the grade indicated. People wanting to get attested must fill in an application form and pay the attestation fee.