Get yourself the University of Energy and Natural Resources admission forms to secure a position for yourself. With the increasing appetite for tertiary education among the Ghanaian populace, University of Energy and Natural Resource is among the new institutions supplementing the tertiary colleges and universities that exist. Beginning as a result of Act 830 of parliament, the University has grown and expanded rapidly getting to the list of best universities in Ghana. The University gifts students who choose it as a study destination a supportive environment, essential for peaceful studying and success. This article looks at the University of Energy and Natural Resources, the courses offered at the institution and the fees required for students to study in this auspicious University.
Successfully joining the University of Energy and Natural Resources is an achievement that many Ghanaians interested in higher education will appreciate. This is one of the best universities you can get into. However, you need to understand everything that increases your chances of joining the university.
READ ALSO:Jackson College of Education fees
The University of Energy and Natural Resources
The University of Energy and Natural Resources is a multi-campus setup university established on 31st December 2011. The establishment came thanks to the enacted Act 830, 2011 of parliament. The university takes into account areas like Law and Policy Science, Technology, Engineering, Management, Economics and social and political issues touching on energy and natural resources. That said, the university approaches its established programs and research, placing more emphasis on inter-program collaborations.
The University of Energy and Natural resources has three campuses. The campuses are located at Nsoatre, Dormaa Ahenkro, and Sunyani.
Before the establishment of the institution, the then president Prof. J.E.A Mills on 8th January 2010, formed a National task force planning committee. The committee was tasked with developing, organizing and supervising the implementation of a program aimed at establishing two Universities at Brong Ahafo and Volta region.
As per the strategic plan, at its full functioning, the university will have the following schools;
- School of Sciences
- School of Engineering
- School of Natural resources
- School of Agriculture and technology
- School of Geoscience and
- School of Graduate Studies
Currently, the University of Energy and Natural resources has its main campus at Sunyani. The Sunyani campus houses the central administration, School of Sciences, School of Natural resources and School of graduate studies. The school of engineering has its proposed location at Nsoatre and the remaining two schools, that is, the school of Geoscience and Agriculture and technology will be situated at Dormaa Ahenkro.
With the following Mission and Vision statements, the university hopes to become a center of excellence for training technologist and scientists in Ghana and across the globe.
To promote the development of human resources and skills required to solve critical energy and natural resources challenges of the society and undertake interdisciplinary academic research, and outreach programs in environmental policy, Economics, Sciences, and Engineering.
To become a world-class institution for generating, advancing and applying knowledge in energy and natural resources.
To achieve the above, the University of Energy and Natural resources has the following underlying core values.
- Operate with commitment, transparency, and integrity.
- Establish a partnership with stakeholders in skills and knowledge generation and application
- Promote and incorporate sustainability concept across all university programs and courses as well as exemplifying the sustainability, culture of staff, students and alumni.
- Promote innovation, creativity, freedom of thought and creative expression.
- Respond to the needs of students and partner communities.
- Promote conservation of energy and the environment.
Courses offered at University of Energy and Natural resources
The University of Energy and Natural resources has a chance for the following programs plus short courses. For you to join any of the listed course programs, you will be required to have met the cut off points for University of Energy and Natural Resources.
1. School of Sciences
- BSc. Chemistry
- BSc. Actuarial Science
- BSc. Mathematics
- BSc. Statistics
- BSc. Computer Science
- BSc. Information technology
- BSc. Medical Biodiagnostic Science
- BSc. Biological science
- BSc. Nursing.
Dip. Information Technology, Dip. Insurance, Dip. Computer Science and Dip. Statistics.
2. School of Engineering
- BSc. Agricultural Engineering
- BSc. Civil Engineering
- BSc. Environmental Engineering
- BSc. Mechanical Engineering
- BSc. Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- BSc. Computer Engineering
- BSc. Renewable Energy Engineering.
- Dip. Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
3. School of Agriculture and technology
- BSc. Agriculture (Animal and Crop production Options)
- BSc. Agribusiness.
- Diploma in Agriculture.
4. School of Natural resources
- BSc. Wildfire and Range management
- BSc. Fire and Disaster management
- BSc. Natural resource (Social Forestry, Ecotourism, Fisheries and Aqua Culture, Forest resource management, and Land Reclamation and restoration options)
- Dip. Natural resource management
- Dip. Fire and disaster management
5. School of Geoscience
- BSc. Climate change and sustainable Development
- BSc. Planning and Sustainability
- Dip. Geo-Information Science.
6. School of Management Science and Law
- BSc. Hospitality and Management
- B.A Professional French
- BSc. Resource Enterprise and entrepreneurship.
- Dip. Enterprise Management.
- Dip. Hospitality Management.
7. School of Graduate Studies
You can as well pursue your postgraduate studies at University of Energy and Natural Resources. The following master programs are available.
- MSc/MPhil/PhD in Computer Science
- MSc/MPhil in Climate Change
- MPhil in Applied Mathematics
- MSc/MPhil/PhD in Crop Science
- MPhil/PhD Social Forestry and Environmental governance
- MSc/PhD Environmental Engineering Management
- MSc/MPhil Environmental Planning and Sustainability
- MBA/MPhil Agribusiness Management
- MSc/PhD Sustainable Energy management
The University of Energy and Natural Resources Admission Forms
All applications for admission into the University of Energy and Natural Resources are made online on this application website. However, the application process follows three steps.
You are required to purchase a voucher slip and get a valid email address. You will be required to enter the following;
- Application number on the voucher
- Full name as on results slip
- Email and
- Mobile Number.
Save and get to the next step.
At this step, you will be required to log in to your email and get the username and password. Click the link provided in your email for you to access the online application portal. Log in using the provided username and password. However, you shall be required to change the password. Select new application form and fill the form and submit.
The final step involves downloading the duly filled University of Energy and Natural Resources forms. The forms are attached with documents such as copies or result slips, certificates, 2 passport size pictures. If you are a mature applicant, a birth certificate plus any other relevant documents should be attached. The filled forms together with the attachments are then mailed to University of Energy and Natural Resources.
The University of Energy and Natural Resources online registration and distance learning
With technology taking shape almost everywhere, the University of Energy and Natural Resources online registration seem to be a reflection of the university's effort to embrace digitization. The University of Energy and Natural Resources distance learning program works for individuals that may not be able to attend classes physically. Digitization has given birth to a student portal, which has confidential information concerning the student's online registration, and performance in tests and exams. The availability of an admission portal also helps provide a smooth ride for the prospective students.
Fees of University of Energy and Natural Resources
If you are about to choose the University of Energy and Natural Resources as you study destination, it would be better if you familiarized yourself with the fee required there. The information provided is in line with the academic year 2018/19
Residential students will be required to pay a total amount of 750 US Dollars.
Hostel fee of 700 US Dollars and Refundable deposit against damage of 50 US Dollars.
Additional Charges include:
- SRC Souvenirs (Payable SRC) GH₵ 60.00
- Departmental dues (Payable to student Societies) GH₵ 60.00
For residential Students:
- Hostel Fee GH₵ 1300.00
- A refundable deposit against Damages GH₵ 50.00
Additional Charges include:
- SRC Souvenir (Payable to SRC) GH₵ 60
- Departmental Fee (Payable to Student Societies) GH₵ 60
Contact Information of the University of Energy and Natural Resources.
In case you want to reach out to the University for Inquiries, the available contacts are;
Telephone Number: +233 352290390 and +233 532290366
Email Address: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, and email@example.com
Postal Address: P.O. Box 214, Sunyani.
Get your University of Energy and Natural Resources admission forms today and apply for a chance to study among the best. Find out if you qualify for any of the courses and get started.