The British film industry is home to many super-talented actors and actresses worldwide. Both the new and upcoming veterans actors in this industry have unmatched expertise. Patrick Walshe McBride is one of the emerging young English actors with a promising future in the entertainment industry.
The actor has only done a few movies and TV shows, and evidently, he is a superstar in the making. He was fascinated by acting from a young age, and while in school, he took part in several plays such as Nicholas Nickleby Part Two, Blood Wedding, and The Diary of Samuel Pepys. He is a great model too.
Patrick Walshe McBride profile summary
- Full name: Patrick Walshe McBride
- Place of birth: England
- Nationality: British
- Ethnicity: Mixed-race
- Religion: Christianity
- Height: 6 feet 2 inches
- Weight: 61kg
- Languages: English, Arabic, Spanish, advanced French
- Relationship status: Single
- Profession: Actor, model
- Net worth: $8 million
Patrick Walshe McBride biography
Patrick Walshe McBride was born in England. He has chosen to keep his personal life away from the media. Therefore, crucial information such as his birthday, age, parents, siblings and upbringing are not publicly known.
After his elementary studies, the actor joined Guildhall School of Music & Drama in London, The United Kingdom, for his high school education. While here, he participated in school plays and stage shows due to his love for acting.
Later on, he enrolled at the University of Cambridge, where he got his first BA Degree in the Faculty of Asian and Middle Eastern Studies, also known as Oriental Studies. He also attained expertise in:
- Improvisation comedy
- Stage Combat Proficiency Certificate (Silver)
While in school, the actor took part in several plays that helped in sharpening his acting skills. Some of the roles he played at Guildhall School include:
- Ned Cheeryble in Nicholas Nickleby Part Two, directed by Joseph Blatchley
- Woodcutter in Blood Wedding, directed by Christian Burgess
- Orlando in As You Like It, directed by Owen Horsley
- Devised Project led by Charlotte Gwinner
- Samuel Pepys in The Diary of Samuel Pepys directed by Jane Morgan
- David in Company directed by Ian Good
- Kreon in Oedipus Rex directed by Patsy Rodenburg
- Sparkish in The Country Wife, directed by Wendy Allnutt
- Charteris in The Philanderer, directed by Paul Miller
- Victor in Private Lives, directed by Paul Miller
- Trigorin in The Seagull, directed by Wyn Jones
- William in Harvest, directed by Robin Belfield
- Jesus and Satan in The Mystery Plays directed by Richard Goulding
He also got experience by participating in the following:
- Peer Gynt in Peer Gynt - BBC SO, Barbican
- Ed in The Love Story - Negative Capability, Edinburgh
- Polonius in Hamlet - British Shakespeare Association, Elsinore
- Sir Andrew in Twelfth Night - Cambridge Arts Theatre
- Michael in Hostage - Cambridge Footlights, ADC Theatre
- Fluellen in Henry V - CAST, American Tour
- Balthasar in Romeo and Juliet - ADC Theatre
- Victor in Totally Over You - Tricycle Theatre
Patrick started his acting career after completing his college studies. His first role in a film was William in Between Departures. Later he appeared as Luke Burgess in Inspector Lewis in 2014. After his film and TV shows debut, the actor landed several other roles in the British film industry. They include:
- 2014 - Inspector Lewis as Luke Burgess
- 2016 - Holby City as Phoenix Hill
- 2016 - Between Departures as William
- 2018 - Pixies as Tristan
- 2019 - Backdraft 2 as Dylan
- 2019 - Giri/Haji as Paul
- 2019 - Lake of Death as Bjorn
- 2020 - Dracula as Lord Ruthven
- 2018 to 2020 - Shakespeare & Hathaway: Private Investigators as Sebastian Brudenell
As revealed in Patrick Walshe McBride interview with Revels in Hand, the actor has several theatre credits to his name. They include:
- Photograph 51 starring Nicole Kidman (Noel Coward, West End)
- Great Expectations (West Yorkshire Playhouse)
- The Winter’s Tale (Sheffield Crucible)
- Harold and Maude (Charing Cross)
- Present Laughter (Theatre Royal bath and Tour)
- Almost, Maine Go People's production (Park Theatre)
Patrick Walshe McBride's partner
Is Patrick Walshe McBride gay? He has not denied or confirmed whether he is gay or not. Many people thought he was gay after playing the role of a gay guy in the Shakespeare & Hathaway: Private Investigators series.
These rumours have also been propelled by the lack of Patrick Walshe McBride relationship and dating history. He has always remained silent on matters about his private life.
Height and body measurement
Patrick boasts a physically fit body complemented by his attractive looks. He stands at the height of 6 feet 2 inches and weighs around 61kg. He has hazel eyes and brown hair. He has a lean, built body, with his body statistics measuring 42-30-38 inches.
Patrick Walshe McBride net worth
The actor has been in the British film industry for around seven years. He has earned a significant sum of cash from the films and TV shows he has starred in. He also makes extra money from modelling, his secondary income source. His estimated net worth is $8 million as of 2021.
Patrick Walshe McBride is a talented face in the English entertainment industry. His ability to interpret different roles has helped him become a star. With his excellence, the sky is the limit for him.
Yen.com.gh featured the life of D-Black. D-Black is a Ghanaian multiple award-winning Hip-Hop and Afrobeat musician. Interestingly, he wears many hats; he is also a philanthropist, entrepreneur, and venture capitalist. The renowned Ghanaian entertainer owns the Black Avenue Muzik record label.
In 2012, the musician released an album titled The Revelation which aided him in cementing his name as a business mogul and rapper. He has worked with giant artists such as Sarkodie among others. The artist is a serial entrepreneur. He is also the brand ambassador for Ciroc in Ghana.