- Real name: Yaw Tog
- Birthday: 8 May 2003
- Nationality: Ghanaian
- Star sign: Taurus
- Occupation: rapper, singer
- Height: 5’ 7’’ or 170 cm
Who is Yaw Tog?
Yaw Tog is a talented Ghanaian rapper and songwriter who majors in drill music, known in Ghana as Asakaa. He is best known for his viral song "Sore" which featured O'Kenneth, City Boy, Reggies & Jay Bahd and also Kwesi Arthur and Stormzy on the remix produced by Chris Rich.
Yaw Tog's journey in the music industry has been marked by notable achievements and milestones. Here are the key highlights of his career:
Breakthrough Single: Yaw Tog gained widespread recognition with his breakthrough single, "Sore" (2020). The song garnered significant attention and propelled him to stardom, showcasing his raw talent and lyrical ability.
Debut EP: In 2021, Yaw Tog released his debut extended play (EP) titled "Time”, which featured collaborations with Kwesi Arthur, Stormzy, Sean Lifer and O'Kenneth.
Best Yaw Tog Songs
Yaw Tog has released several impressive songs that have garnered significant acclaim. Here are ten of his notable songs:
- "Sore" (2020)
- "Y33gye" (2020)
- "Mood" (2021)
- "Gold Friends" (2021)
- "Boyz" (2021)
- "Fake Ex" (2022)
Collaborations and Features
Yaw Tog has collaborated with various renowned artists, both within Ghana and internationally. Some of his notable collaborations include:
- "Sore (Remix)" featuring Stormzy and Kwesi Arthur (2021)
- "Sore (Remix 2)" featuring Stormzy and Kwesi Arthur (2021)
- "Peace" with Amerado (2021)
- “Mood” with Sean Lifer (2021)
- “Sika Aba Fie” with Kweku Darlington, Kweku Flick & Kuami Eugene (2021)
- "Fake Ex (Remix)" featuring Sarkodie (2022)
Tours and Performances
Yaw Tog has performed at various notable events and shows, captivating audiences with his energetic stage presence. While specific tour details may vary, he has participated in concerts and festivals both in Ghana and other countries. Some of his notable performances include:
The 17th Ghana Party in the Park UK Concert in London in July 2021.
The UPP Festival in Kumasi in October 2021.
The Afro Nation Festival in Portugal in July 2022.
He won the Hip Hop Song of the Year award at the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards (VGMA) in June 2021 for "Sore". He has been nominated for several other awards, such as:
- Breakthrough Artiste of the Year at the 3Music Awards and Most Influential Ghanaian Act of the Year at the Global Music Awards Africa.
- Best New Artiste and Hiplife/Hiphop Artist of the Year at the VGMA 2021
- Best Discovery at the 4Syte Music Video Awards 2021
- Discovery of the Year at the EMY Africa Awards 2021.
Yaw Tog has not publicly disclosed his relationship status or dating history. He has been linked to fellow musician Gyakie, who he said he would collaborate with after completing his high school education. He has also been rumoured to have a crush on a South African girl named Sophia, who inspired one of his first singles.